Accepted Jesus, But Doesn't Believe He's God

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
Blessed
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Accepted Jesus, But Doesn't Believe He's God

Post by Blessed »

abelcainsbrother wrote: When we say Jesus is God it is acknowledging the trinity as we could also say the Holy Spirit is God too.When you say Jesus is the son of God it is only true because God was born into this world just as we are as a human but fully God in the flesh.Others above have already explained the trinity to you that all three are equally God.We cannot see God but if we could all three would make up God.This is why we say Jesus is God.Jesus was also called the son of man also and this was how much God was willing to humble himself as a human when he is so much more.So that if you seperate the three like you are doing you make three different entities which is not God.Do you really believe there are three different entities in heaven? because that would be three different gods,when God is just one made up of all three.
They have explained it as they believe it. Yes. But is there a scripture that leaves near zero room for interpretation which flat out says: Trinity is God. Not seeing it on the forum.

Yes I believe there are three entities in heaven functioning as one. God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

I lean LDS on this. And I don't consider it polytheism.

Just hoping I will not be wrong on this and sent to hell.
Blessed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Blessed »

Philip wrote: Hebrews 1:8; 1 John 5:20).

It's 2:41 AM and I am still reading these blogs and thinking about this.

These are the only 2 scriptures you listed I see I feel which directly confirm your position Jesus IS God. I read Hebrews 1 KJV.

Is Hebrew 1 KJV saying Jesus is God of the next Universe?

I will read 1 John 5 LJV tomorrow.

Thank you & Good night.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Isaiah 9:6 - For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Philippians 2:5-8
  • 5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
    6 Who, being in very nature God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
    7 rather, he made himself nothing
    by taking the very nature of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.
    8 And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    by becoming obedient to death—
    even death on a cross!
  • He was despised and forsaken of men,
    A man of sorrows and acquainted with grief;
    And like one from whom men hide their face
    He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.
    4 Surely our griefs He Himself bore,
    And our sorrows He carried;
    Yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken,
    Smitten of God, and afflicted.
    5 But He was pierced through for our transgressions,
    He was crushed for our iniquities;
    The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him,
    And by His scourging we are healed.
    6 All of us like sheep have gone astray,
    Each of us has turned to his own way;
    But the Lord has caused the iniquity of us all
    To fall on Him.
    (Isaiah 53:2-6; ~8th century BCE)
Then with John 1:1-3
  • 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.
While the Word is clearly called God in John 1:1, I move you to closely examine verse 3. If all things came into being via the Word, and apart from the Word nothing came into being that has come in being, then 1) did the Word itself cause itself to come into being, or 2) do we understand the Word to be uncreated and eternal (something we only attribute to God)?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)