Commentators who say the trinity is not in the bible

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
GreyDeSilvisanctis
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Commentators who say the trinity is not in the bible

Post by GreyDeSilvisanctis »

RickD wrote:
And yes, you don't have to believe in the Trinity doctrine. The important part is to believe, have faith, in Christ our Savior.
So going by that, Mormons and Jehovas Witnesses are saved too...
This is my bad, I admit. I never expounded on what I meant.
It's important to know who the Savior really is.

In my case, I do believe in the Trinity.

Thank you for your post B.W., I agree with you.
Again, it is my error to have neglected in expounding my case.

~ Grey :)
"ג Magna opera Domini, ד exquirenda omnibus, qui cupiunt ea." - Ps. 111:2 [NVV]

"Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth 'thrown in': aim at Earth and you will get neither." - C.S. Lewis
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Grey, I said that just to make a point that some aren't grasping. It's not the faith that saves. It's the object of faith that saves. To merely say faith in Jesus saves, can be misleading. As shown painfully in some of the threads here. Faith is Jesus saves. But which Jesus. The Mormon jesus? The JW jesus? Jesus Cruz my landscaper?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
GreyDeSilvisanctis
Recognized Member

Post by GreyDeSilvisanctis »

RickD wrote:Grey, I said that just to make a point that some aren't grasping. It's not the faith that saves. It's the object of faith that saves. To merely say faith in Jesus saves, can be misleading. As shown painfully in some of the threads here. Faith is Jesus saves. But which Jesus. The Mormon jesus? The JW jesus? Jesus Cruz my landscaper?
Yes, it is faith in Jesus - the true Jesus. Thank you for clarifying that for me and the rest of us here, Rick.
Only the one true faith we have in the one true Christ can save. It is of the utmost relevance that we know His identity.

~ Grey
"ג Magna opera Domini, ד exquirenda omnibus, qui cupiunt ea." - Ps. 111:2 [NVV]

"Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth 'thrown in': aim at Earth and you will get neither." - C.S. Lewis