Answers for B.W.

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Answers for B.W.

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Phil 2:55 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death —
even death on a cross!
9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

You can't empty yourself of something you don't have to begin with. Jesus set aside what was accessible to Him as God in order to fully embrace Humanity. Jesus is Fully God and Fully Human. Phil 2:5-11 is a beautiful passage showing just that. Those who attempt to deny the fullness of Jesus Christ won't quote the entire passage in context because what they have to say isn't about finding what Scripture says and bringing it out. For them, it's about looking for what they want it to say and reading it in. Those who can't read entire passages and let them speak for themselves, opting for tiny snippets out of context, speak volumes of the value of what they have to say.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
1stjohn0666
Valued Member

Post by 1stjohn0666 »

Jesus is Fully God and Fully Human. Phil 2:5-11 is a beautiful passage showing just that.
It certainly does not. It shows the humility that Christ presented. As for the "emptying" of course he emptied himself. He was not running around all filled with an ego as big as the world.
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

1stjohn0666 wrote:Jesus is Fully God and Fully Human. Phil 2:5-11 is a beautiful passage showing just that.
It certainly does not. It shows the humility that Christ presented. As for the "emptying" of course he emptied himself. He was not running around all filled with an ego as big as the world.
What you're suggesting has nothing to do with the passage. It's a rationalization ignoring the point of the passage.

The passage says, Jesus was in very nature (the greek word means substance, or the very material) God and yet he emptied Himself of all that was His and due Him in order to become like us, Human. He never ceased to be God. He became as we are in every regard except for sin. It has nothing to do with ego, except perhaps the egos of those who believe they can compromise scripture and the person of Christ in this manner.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

1stjohn0666 wrote:
Jesus is Fully God and Fully Human. Phil 2:5-11 is a beautiful passage showing just that.
Thank you John. It's nice to see you have come to your senses, and acknowledge what scripture plainly says.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
1stjohn0666
Valued Member

Post by 1stjohn0666 »

I think you are confusing the Greek "morphe" To mean something it does not.
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

1stjohn0666 wrote:I think you are confusing the Greek "morphe" To mean something it does not.
I think you're confusing the Greek "morphe" to mean something that Paul didn't intend and that the Phillipi Church would have understood Paul to be clearly saying.

I'll accept gladly the Trinity and the Deity of Jesus Christ and you are free to continue focusing on the shell of a savior you apparently see. There is no grace without Christ as the Son of God, 2nd member of the Trinity. There is only legalism as demonstrated through the sad history of Arianism and the cults of Jehovah's Witnesses, Christadelphianism, The Way and the splinter groups of the heretical Armstrong WorldWide Church of God who didn't follow the main group's brave decision to renounce their heresy and embrace Orthodox Trinitarian Christianity.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

1stjohn0666 wrote:I think you are confusing the Greek "morphe" To mean something it does not.
I think you need to stop using outdated sources and talking points…

AMG Complete Word Study Dictionary

Strongs 3444

μορφή

morphē; gen. morphḗs, fem. noun. Form, shape

Morphe in Php 2:6-8 presumes an obj. reality. No one could be in the form (morphē) of God who was not God. However, morphē is not the shaping of pure thought. It is the utterance of the inner life, a life that bespeaks the existence of God. He who had been in morphē Theoú, in the form of God, from eternity (John 17:5) took at His incarnation the morphēn doúlou (doúlos [1401], servant), a form of a servant. The fact that Jesus continued to be God during His state of humiliation is demonstrated by the pres. part. hupárchōn, "being" in the form of God. Hupárchō (5225) involves continuing to be that which one was before. Nothing appeared that was not an obj. reality from the beginning. In His incarnation, Jesus took upon Himself the form (morphē) of a servant by taking upon Himself the shape (schēma) of man. The schēma, shape or fashion, is the outward form having to do not only with His essential being, but also with His appearance. The eternal, infinite form of God took upon Himself flesh (John 1:1, John 1:14). See Sept.: Dan 4:36; Dan 5:6, Dan 5:9-10.
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
1stjohn0666
Valued Member

Post by 1stjohn0666 »

First of all we can't go by "classical Greek" to understand "morphe" because the New Testament was not written in classical Greek, but rather Koine Greek. Morphe is then rendered form, a station in life, one’s rank. Or an outward appearance.
Incarnation is never found in the bible as many want it to be. The virgin birth is present. But not as the Creeds have it "Very God of very God"
Am I found to be in some sort of legalism? When Jesus asked his disciples in the boat who he was, Peter answered and said that he was "the son of the living God" Jesus said something like ..."Hey dude you got it right, you did not say I was God the son... good job. Now it's time to change your name" :lol:
I agree Jesus is the son of God, which means Jesus is not his own God.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

1stjohn0666 wrote:First of all we can't go by "classical Greek" to understand "morphe" because the New Testament was not written in classical Greek, but rather Koine Greek. Morphe is then rendered form, a station in life, one’s rank. Or an outward appearance.
Incarnation is never found in the bible as many want it to be. The virgin birth is present. But not as the Creeds have it "Very God of very God"
Am I found to be in some sort of legalism? When Jesus asked his disciples in the boat who he was, Peter answered and said that he was "the son of the living God" Jesus said something like ..."Hey dude you got it right, you did not say I was God the son... good job. Now it's time to change your name" :lol:
John666 you do not know the basics of Greek: Nor how the Hebrew language connects the dots and you do not know what the Messianic titles mean or imply. Too you these are linear derived.

You are unteachable.

Question: What shows more love:

– Making a man meat sacrifice where God remains aloof from mankind in order to expose sin, forgive sin, and reconcile back to God?

– Or God entering the human condition, Himself, as a man to expose sin, die to forgive, and reconcile us back to Himself?

Which of the Two demonstrates more Love?

Which of the Two is biblically substantiated by agape love?

(note some evidence: John 3:16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21c , Philippians 2: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11c)

John666 - Is Jesus God or not?
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
1stjohn0666
Valued Member

Post by 1stjohn0666 »

I have to be "non-Christian" on this site. I will not be answering your questions, at least for awhile.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

That is what everyone else is saying to dude.
Guys, I really don;t think that anything can be said at this point because, as seen by what I quoted, 1John has not understood what has been plainly stated so far.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

1stjohn0666 wrote:I have to be "non-Christian" on this site. I will not be answering your questions, at least for awhile.
Isaiah 1:18

Maybe that is because by answering our questions - you just learn to think for yourself and no longer can be a dictation machine?

That it?
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb: