Benny Hinn

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
1stjohn0666
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Benny Hinn

Post by 1stjohn0666 »

I wonder if Benny Hinn thinks he is healing like Jesus did? ..... The kick your butt kinda healing :lol:
CallMeDave
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Benny Hinn

Post by CallMeDave »

inlovewiththe44 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLH7LHrY ... r_embedded

A slightly comical, but very disturbing depiction of what goes on in the church of Benny Hinn. I put this in the "Aberrant Christianity" because what's going on in the video seems pretty aberrant to me.

Its a strong appeal to emotionalism thru the fallacy of Mesmerism and socio-psychological manipulation . It feeds on the hunger of people for special experiences that titilate the senses commonly called sensationalism . Its really a power and control agenda on behalf of Benny with people cooperating with 'the Master' before them . It is certainly not a normative practice in the Bible . What the mass media doesnt tell you , are the numerous people who have sued Benny Hinn for being physically harmed when others fell on them ; one such elderly woman who was fallen on during a crusade ..ended up dying of complications to her existing health ailment with the womans relatives bringing litigation. Benny was reported to have settled out of court with the family.

In conclusion, Benny does so well at his game because people are ripe for ' a move of God ' and will consider any abberant form that is delivered usually without questioning it. I shutter to consider what God thinks about this sort of behaviour conducted for his namesake.
"I never asserted such an absurd proposition, that something could arise without a Cause" -- staunch atheist Philosopher David Hume.

"What this world now needs is Christian love or compassion" -- staunch atheist Bertrand Russell.