Mormons vehemently oppose the Trinity

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
Obiwan
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Mormons vehemently oppose the Trinity

Post by Obiwan »

To all I must get ready now for a 1 Hr 15 Min journey to a land that I have been invited to, if I have time later tomorrow
I will come back. May Grace Be With You all.

In His Debt/Grace
Obiwan
LDS JEDI KNIGHT
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Obiwan wrote:True polytheism has multiple gods over all aspects of creation and things, We have no such doctrine.Sorry you do not get it.
Don't look at me.. Look at what your leader Joseph Smith (false prophet) said..

"I have always declared God to be a distinct personage, Jesus Christ a separate and distinct personage from God the Father, and that the Holy Ghost was a distinct personage and a Spirit: and these three constitute three distinct personages and three Gods. If this is in accordance with the New Testament, lo and behold! we have three Gods anyhow, and they are plural: and who can contradict it!" -Joesph Smith, Printed in History of the Church, Vol. 6, p. 473-479.
Obiwan wrote:So ?, I have lived among Evangelical Protestants for decades :ebiggrin:
That's great.. Because more information is coming..
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Obiwan wrote:http://14lds.com/trinity.htm

In His Debt/Grace
Obiwan
LDS JEDI KNIGHT
This link just tells you what I was saying to you before... Joseph saw with his own eyes that God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ were two separate and distinct individual Beings.. Polytheism. Again God and Jesus are NOT separate beings, they are one of the same..

"In 1820 a young boy by the name of Joseph Smith was confused by all the different Christian doctrines that were being preached in his day and went to God in prayer to know which church taught the true gospel of Jesus Christ. In answer to that pray Joseph saw with his own eyes that God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ were two separate and distinct individual Beings who had a human form and learned for himself that the doctrine of the Trinity was wrong."

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Obiwan
Recognized Member

Post by Obiwan »

2 Individual GOD entities not beings, being means "NATURE/ESSENSE.

In His Debt/Grace
Obiwan
LDS JEDI KNIGHT
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Obiwan wrote:2 Individual GOD entities not beings, being means "NATURE/ESSENSE.

In His Debt/Grace
Obiwan
LDS JEDI KNIGHT
Well not according to Joseph Smith... He clearly stated, ".. and these three constitute three distinct personages and three Gods."

:wave:

Obiwan
Recognized Member

Post by Obiwan »

Gman wrote:

In His Debt/Grace
Obiwan
LDS JEDI KNIGHT
Well not according to Joseph Smith... He clearly stated, ".. and these three constitute three distinct personages and three Gods."

:wave:
All of which have the same true GOD Nature Being = Nature in Ev thought.

In His Debt/Grace
Obiwan
LDS JEDI KNIGHT.
Obiwan
Recognized Member

Post by Obiwan »

Gman wrote:
Obiwan wrote:http://14lds.com/trinity.htm

In His Debt/Grace
Obiwan
LDS JEDI KNIGHT
This link just tells you what I was saying to you before... Joseph saw with his own eyes that God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ were two separate and distinct individual Beings.. Polytheism. Again God and Jesus are NOT separate beings, they are one of the same..

"In 1820 a young boy by the name of Joseph Smith was confused by all the different Christian doctrines that were being preached in his day and went to God in prayer to know which church taught the true gospel of Jesus Christ. In answer to that pray Joseph saw with his own eyes that God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ were two separate and distinct individual Beings who had a human form and learned for himself that the doctrine of the Trinity was wrong."

No polythiesm/bitheism maybe.
Last edited by Obiwan on Fri May 28, 2010 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Obiwan wrote: All of which have the same true GOD Nature.
Not according to your leader.. They are three separate gods.. y(:|

Polytheism.. Sorry.

Obiwan
Recognized Member

Post by Obiwan »

Gman wrote:

Polytheism.. Sorry.
Sorry you feel that way, maybe tritheism

In His Debt/Grace
Obiwan
LDS JEDI KNIGHT
Last edited by Obiwan on Sat May 29, 2010 2:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Obiwan wrote:
Sorry you feel that way.
Don't feel sorry for me.. Feel sorry for Joseph... :(

"I will preach on the plurality of Gods. I have selected this text for that express purpose. I wish to declare I have always and in all congregations when I have preached on the subject of the Deity, it has been the plurality of Gods. It has been preached by the Elders for fifteen years." -Joesph Smith, Printed in History of the Church, Vol. 6, p. 473-479.

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Obiwan wrote:
Gman wrote:

Polytheism.. Sorry.
Sorry you feel that way, maybe tritheism

In His Debt/Grace
Obiwan
LDS JEDI KNIGHT
Mormonism is a tritheism?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritheism

Obiwan
Recognized Member

Post by Obiwan »

I am now leaving on my journey, may Grace be with you.
Obiwan
LDS JEDI Knight
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Obiwan wrote:I am now leaving on my journey, may Grace be with you.
Obiwan
LDS JEDI Knight
Ok Obi.. You take care. Sorry if I was hard on you. ;)

Seriously.. I mean no harm to you.

Obiwan
Recognized Member

Post by Obiwan »

Gman wrote:
Obiwan wrote:I am now leaving on my journey, may Grace be with you.
Obiwan
LDS JEDI Knight
Ok Obi.. You take care. Sorry if I was hard on you. ;)

Seriously.. I mean no harm to you.
y:-/
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

In His Debt/Grace
Obiwan
LDS JEDI KNIGHT

Here we go again, just as I posted before…

Here is what the bible says....

Isa 45:5 -I am the LORD, and there is no other; There is no God besides Me. I will gird you, though you have not known Me,

Isaiah 44:6 - "Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel, And his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: 'I am the First and I am the Last; Besides Me there is no God.

Isaiah 45:18 - For thus says the LORD, Who created the heavens, Who is God, Who formed the earth and made it, Who has established it, Who did not create it in vain, Who formed it to be inhabited: "I am the LORD, and there is no other.

Hosea 11:9, “…For I am God and not man, the Holy One in the midst of thee…”

Malachi 3:6, “For I am the LORD, I change not…”

Isaiah 43:10, "You are My witnesses," says the LORD, "And My servant whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me.

Isaiah 45:21, “Tell and bring forth your case; Yes, let them take counsel together. Who has declared this from ancient time? Who has told it from that time? Have not I, the LORD? And there is no other God besides Me, A just God and a Savior; There is none besides Me

Obiwan - how can you deal with these truths from the bible?

Next, the Old Testament Hebrew is thoroughly written in Trinitarian form when describing God. Even the grammar proves this truth that there is NONE LIKE GOD and HE IS UNLIKE ALL:

Isa 46:9 - Remember the former things of old, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me…

Deuteronomy 33:26 - "There is no one like the God of Jeshurun, Who rides the heavens to help you, And in His excellency on the clouds.

2 Samuel 7:22 - Therefore You are great, O Lord GOD. For there is none like You, nor is there any God besides You, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

Mormon doctrine teaches as well as reduces God into knowable forms, how then can there be truly NONE LIKE HIM if he as Smith and Mormon doctrine claim has flesh and bones and as man now is God once was ?

The Orthodox Christian doctrine of the Trinity preserves God's oneness in His entire Unique Form thus retaining and preserving the truth that there is truly NONE LIKE GOD

Mormon doctrine does not retain this truth…does it -- be honest Obiwan...

What Mormonism teaches:

Mormon 8:18; “For I know that God is not a partial God, neither a changeable being; but he is unchangeable from all eternity to all eternity”.

D&C 130:22; “The Father has a body of flesh, and bones as tangible as man's” Articles of Faith: “We believe in a God who is Himself progressive…whose perfection consists in eternal advancement…”

D&C 20:17; “By these things we know that there is a God in heaven, who is infinite and eternal, from everlasting to everlasting the same unchangeable God, the framer of heaven and earth, and all things which are in them”.

Gospel Through the Ages, pg. 104; “President Joseph F. Smith declared that “God himself is an exalted man, perfected, enthroned and supreme”. Elder Orson Hyde, a member of the Quorom of the Twelve said: “Remember that God our Heavenly Father was perhaps once a child, and mortal like we are, and rose step by step in the scale of progress, in the school of advancement…”

Bruce McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, pp. 322-23, 517, 643, "God himself, the Father of us all, is a glorified, exalted immortal resurrected man!"

Journal of Discourses, V6, P3, 1844, "...God himself was once as we are now and is an exalted man and sits enthroned in yonder heavens..."

Lorenzo Snow, quoted in Milton R. Hunter, the Gospel Through the Ages, pp. 105-106, "As man is, God once was: as God is, man may become."
-
-
-
Notes: Bible Quotes from NKJV
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys