Did you "receive Jesus" the Jesus way, or man's way?

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
CallMeDave
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Did you "receive Jesus" the Jesus way, or man's way?

Post by CallMeDave »

TallMan wrote:The Jesus way is:
At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. (John 14:20)

What day was that?
- the day they receive the Holy Spirit:-
v17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it sees him not, neither knows him: but ye know him; for he dwells with you, and shall be in you.
v18I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

How did they know?
- by God's sign of speaking in tongues:-
they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance . . . Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear (Acts 2:4, 33)

Is there another way?
- no:-
For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call (Acts 2:39)

if he that comes preaches another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him (2 Cor.11:4)

I recieved Christ the biblical way in accordance to Romans 10:8-14 to have my sins forgiven and become a Child of God...which was then evidenced by a very real and huge transformation in my Soul and life culminating in living for God, serving God and Others, practiciing the Fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5:22 on a daily basis and walking in the presence and power of Christ who abides in me. I get daily nourishment from studying the Word of God , and praying/worshipping thruout the day with special emphasis during the evening hours at home., and worshipping God in a corporate atmosphere (Church) at least once per week.

Not all speak in tongues and it is not a requirement to be saved from ones sins ; that belongs solely to the shed blood of CHrist on the cross which is Gods universal appointed way for mankind to be reconciled to himself , and, for eternal life. Tongues is a valeuable gift from God just as the remaining spiritual gifts are that come from God to the individual...to be used for his glory.
"I never asserted such an absurd proposition, that something could arise without a Cause" -- staunch atheist Philosopher David Hume.

"What this world now needs is Christian love or compassion" -- staunch atheist Bertrand Russell.