Muslim? Catholic? Same thing right?

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
IRQ Conflict
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Muslim? Catholic? Same thing right?

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Catholic Church Turns Into A Mosque

Seems the RCC is showing it's true colours once more...

Lev 21:9 And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire.

Rev 17:16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Muslim? Catholic? Same thing right?

Post by Canuckster1127 »

I was an assistant pastor in an evangelical Church in Lake Worth Florida that met for a year in a Jewish Synagogue that very graciously hosted us while our building was erected and then for years after we took turns with that Jewish Synagogue to hold a joint Thanksgiving Service.

What do you think that says about us?
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

IRQ Conflict wrote:Catholic Church Turns Into A Mosque

Lev 21:9 And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire.

Rev 17:16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Hey, we take our great commission very seriously. Not only do we go out across the world and spread the gospel to those who haven't heard it, we actually bring some home y>:D< .

IRQ, let me know if you're planning a trip to NYC, I'd love to show you around my church.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Byblos wrote:
IRQ Conflict wrote:Catholic Church Turns Into A Mosque

Hey, we take our great commission very seriously. Not only do we go out across the world and spread the gospel to those who haven't heard it, we actually bring some home y>:D< .

IRQ, let me know if you're planning a trip to NYC, I'd love to show you around my church.
Be careful though... I detect a hidden plan! Byblos really means "IRQ, let me know if you're planning a trip to NYC, I'd love to convert you to my church." :incense:
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Kurieuo wrote:Be careful though... I detect a hidden plan! Byblos really means "IRQ, let me know if you're planning a trip to NYC, I'd love to convert you to my church." :incense:
IRQ? A Catholic? Oy Vey! :pound:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
IRQ Conflict

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Not on my life.

Check out this bit> Coredemptrix
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
Imperium
Familiar Member

Post by Imperium »

Darn,here i was thinking I belonged to a religion that actually did some good in the world and was bringing me closer to God.Turns out im just another one of those raghead terrorist muslim people.... I might go blow myself up now.. hopefully I can take some of those evil Satan spawned Americans with me
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Imperium wrote:I might go blow myself up now.. hopefully I can take some of those evil Satan spawned Americans with me
Is your real name Allah Kaboom?

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Imperium
Familiar Member

Post by Imperium »

Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Imperium wrote:I might go blow myself up now.. hopefully I can take some of those evil Satan spawned Americans with me
Is your real name Allah Kaboom?

FL
lol It maybe would make life a lot simpler...
'Long Pretence Creates Reality' Master Tylwyth Waff

'I assure you that the ability to view our futures can become a bore. Even to be thought of as a god, as I certainly was, can become ultimately boring. It has occurred to me more than once that holy boredom is good and sufficient reason for the invention of free will' Paul Atreides
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Allah Kaboom,

Don´t worry about people badmouthing Catholics. Haters of any Christian denomination - even if they are Born Again - generally worship another god. That god´s name is "YouBetterDoItMyWay!" YouBetterDoItMyWay! is a powerful false god, often tagging along with the real God of the Bible...like the ramora that stick on sharks.

Ramora have no power on their own; all power is in the shark they are stuck to...don´t pay them any attention.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Imperium
Familiar Member

Post by Imperium »

Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:Allah Kaboom,

Don´t worry about people badmouthing Catholics. Haters of any Christian denomination - even if they are Born Again - generally worship another god. That god´s name is "YouBetterDoItMyWay!" YouBetterDoItMyWay! is a powerful false god, often tagging along with the real God of the Bible...like the ramora that stick on sharks.

Ramora have no power on their own; all power is in the shark they are stuck to...don´t pay them any attention.

FL
See thats the thing, its almost impossible to tell whose God is for any given amount, the 'real' one. Even the authors of the Bible, as imperfect a document as it is shows so many faces to the supreme being we are supposed to worship.Its occured to me more than once that perhaps the Catholic God is 'Youbetterditmyway' as well
'Long Pretence Creates Reality' Master Tylwyth Waff

'I assure you that the ability to view our futures can become a bore. Even to be thought of as a god, as I certainly was, can become ultimately boring. It has occurred to me more than once that holy boredom is good and sufficient reason for the invention of free will' Paul Atreides
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Imperium wrote:its almost impossible to tell whose God is for any given amount, the 'real' one.
The "Real"God reveals himself in the Bible.
Imperium wrote:Even the authors of the Bible, as imperfect a document as it is shows so many faces to the supreme being we are supposed to worship.
You know, the Bible will always seem an imperfect document to unbelievers because there is a veil of spiritual blindness in place that only a saving faith in Jesus Christ can remove. I am not saying this, God said so:

Even today, when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. (2 Cor 3:15-16 NIV)

and,

...even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers... (2 Cor 4:3-4a NIV)

When you come to the Lord and put your faith in him, Imperium, that veil is lifted and you will understand what a perfect document the Bible is. Right now, you can´t...I just pray that you´ll get on the narrow road.

FL

+ + +

+ + +
obsolete
Established Member

Post by obsolete »

Even the authors of the Bible, as imperfect a document as it is shows so many faces to the supreme being we are supposed to worship.
You forget what Paul told Timothy about how the ENTIRE Bible is "God breathed". The whole Bible came from God. So are you injecting that God is imperfect? :econfused: Or are you saying that Paul was wrong? I'm sure that if those whom God had chosen to write the Bible, if they were to change a thing of what it was that He wanted them to write, the cosequences would have been severe. Just as severe as when we twist scripture for our own purposes.
Jesus died for ALL. End of story.