Worldwide Church of God

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Worldwide Church of God

Post by jenna »

There may be similarities in beliefs, not denying that. So we hold some of the same beliefs. big deal. This does not make us Mormons. Can Baptist people be called Catholics simply because they share a few beliefs? Or Presbyterians called Protestants? y=;
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

ummmmm However I am trying to point out these are not correct beliefs. They are Heretic. No disrespect intended
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

bizzt wrote:ummmmm However I am trying to point out these are not correct beliefs. They are Heretic. No disrespect intended
Heretical to who? Those who don't believe it? 8-}2
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

Heretical to Orthodox Christian Views. Tell me something do you believe that you will be God one day? That is what Herbert believed. So let's take a step back to the Garden
Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
Mar 12:32 And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:
Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

So Yes I believe that is a Heretical View. I base my belief on what it says in the Bible.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

bizzt wrote:So Yes I believe that (WWCG-Armstrongism) is a Heretical View. I base my belief on what it says in the Bible.
Agreed. It is heretical on so many levels. I don't know, but I would imagine that the adherants to this religion must focus more on Armstrong's books than on the Bible.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
bizzt wrote:So Yes I believe that (WWCG-Armstrongism) is a Heretical View. I base my belief on what it says in the Bible.
Agreed. It is heretical on so many levels. I don't know, but I would imagine that the adherants to this religion must focus more on Armstrong's books than on the Bible.

FL
All of his books are from the bible, FL. And since you admit you don't know, then why even respond? y=;
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

jenna wrote:All of his books are from the bible, FL.
All of Armstrong's books are from Armstrong, not from the Bible! I have read a few of them when I was in my 30s...and I was a subscriber to The Plain Truth. Thank God that I was an atheist at the time...!
jenna wrote: And since you admit you don't know, then why even respond?
You are right, I don't know. I responded the way I did because I can't imagine how someone can believe British-Israelism, for example. There is no biblical support for it, unless...you subscribe to Armstrong's stuffing of the Bible.

Stuffing's just bread crumbs, spices and nuts. Meat is something else.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

those are your OPINIONS, nothing more.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

jenna wrote:those are your OPINIONS, nothing more.
Sometimes it is easier to see the doctrinal errors of others, rather than our own. Take Limbo and Purgatory, for example. Both do not exist but are constructions of the RCC. (Limbo was abrogated by the RCC last April.)

Do what the Bereans did: check Scripture to see if what your church tells you is true...*

FL

*Acts 17:11

+ + +

+ + +
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

I have already done this.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

jenna wrote:I have already done this.
This is isn't something we've done in the past. It's an ongoing process where we continue to study the Bible and see what it says and do our own thinking and align with the Bible and not what others tell us to think. This should be true of all Christians.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

Canuckster1127 wrote:
This is isn't something we've done in the past. It's an ongoing process where we continue to study the Bible and see what it says and do our own thinking and align with the Bible and not what others tell us to think. This should be true of all Christians.
True. People should change their POV to fit what the bible says, not change the bible to fit what they believe.
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

jenna wrote:
Canuckster1127 wrote:
True. People should change their POV to fit what the bible says, not change the bible to fit what they believe.
No disresepct intended Jenna, but what does it tell you when you've said earlier that you agree with everything your Church teaches and don't disagree with anything? Who is doing the thinking?
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

I did say I don't disagree with anything, and I still don't. I have questioned them many times about certain things, and they have always given me verses to look up. That way I could see for myself what the bible says, not what they say the bible says. So I am thinking for myself here.
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

jenna wrote:I did say I don't disagree with anything, and I still don't. I have questioned them many times about certain things, and they have always given me verses to look up. That way I could see for myself what the bible says, not what they say the bible says. So I am thinking for myself here.
The Bible is meant to be read as a whole, not proof texted without looking at the whole thing.

They are the ones telling to you what to think and providing the texts, so sorry, but they are doing your thinking for you as well.

Have you ever just say down and read a Bible Book and asked what it says without your Church telling you what it means?

Why not try it? I'd recommend the Book of John for a starter.