Are Christadelphians Christian?

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Are Christadelphians Christian?

Yes
19%
No
58%
Unsure
No votes
Don't know enough about them to say
23%

Total votes: 26

puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by puritan lad »

In any case, I think you've provided all the evidence needed to answer this poll accurately.

FYI: 2 Timothy 3:16 and "theos". All of these statements made well before the Council of Nicea.

"There is one Physician who is possessed both of flesh and spirit; both made and not made; God existing in flesh; true life in death; both of Mary and of God; first possible and then impossible, even Jesus Christ our Lord." Ignatius (100 AD), Ephesians

"There is one God, who has manifested Himself by Jesus Christ His Son, who is His eternal Word, not proceeding forth from silence, and who in all things pleased Him that sent Him." Ignatius (100 AD), Magnesians

"When he came into the world, he was manifested as God and man." Hippolytus (170-236 AD), Appendix

"He now, coming forth into the world, was manifested as God in a body." Hippolytus (170-236 AD), Against Noetus

"Thus, too, they preached of the advent of God in the flesh to the world." Hippolytus (170 -236), Appendix

"For our God sojourned with us in the flesh." Hippolytus (170 -236), Appendix

"For God was manifest in the flesh, made of woman, born out of God the Father, out of the womb before the morning star." Dionysius of Alexandria (264 AD), Concilia, i. 853a

I guess all of these guys just made this up?

Christadelphianism denies that "God was made manifest in the flesh", even though the Bible has ALWAYS taught it. And they deny the "God purchased the church with His own blood". It is not a Christian religion.
"To suppose that whatever God requireth of us that we have power of ourselves to do, is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect." - JOHN OWEN

//covenant-theology.blogspot.com
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com/
Fortigurn
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Fortigurn »

puritan lad wrote:In any case, I think you've provided all the evidence needed to answer this poll accurately.

FYI: 2 Timothy 3:16 and "theos". All of these statements made well before the Council of Nicea.

"There is one Physician who is possessed both of flesh and spirit; both made and not made; God existing in flesh; true life in death; both of Mary and of God; first possible and then impossible, even Jesus Christ our Lord." Ignatius (100 AD), Ephesians

"There is one God, who has manifested Himself by Jesus Christ His Son, who is His eternal Word, not proceeding forth from silence, and who in all things pleased Him that sent Him." Ignatius (100 AD), Magnesians
Two quotes from the Ignatian epistles, predictably from the interpolated recension. The parts you have placed in bold are recognised as the forgeries of a later era. They were not written by Ignatius.
"When he came into the world, he was manifested as God and man." Hippolytus (170-236 AD), Appendix

"He now, coming forth into the world, was manifested as God in a body." Hippolytus (170-236 AD), Against Noetus

"Thus, too, they preached of the advent of God in the flesh to the world." Hippolytus (170 -236), Appendix

"For our God sojourned with us in the flesh." Hippolytus (170 -236), Appendix

"For God was manifest in the flesh, made of woman, born out of God the Father, out of the womb before the morning star." Dionysius of Alexandria (264 AD), Concilia, i. 853a
I'm sorry, what is this supposed to prove? That 'theos' should be in 1 Timothy 3:16? If that's the case, why is it absent from the earliest manuscript evidence, and found only in the later manuscripts, after the 2nd century AD? Why do authoratative textual scholars reject it as a later scribal alteration?
I guess all of these guys just made this up?
Of course they did, just like someone made up 1 John 5:7.
Christadelphianism denies that "God was made manifest in the flesh", even though the Bible has ALWAYS taught it.
Actually you'll find we believe was manifested in the flesh, but not that He was incarnated. There's a difference. God was manifested in the burning bush, but it was actually an angel speaking with Moses (God was not sitting in a bush). There was no incarnation.

[quote[And they deny the "God purchased the church with His own blood".[/quote]

That's another example of a textual corruption by a later scribal tradition. I suggest you spend a few years studying textual criticism, as I did.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re:

Post by B. W. »

Christdelphianism is a non-Christian cultic system. It denies the foundations of Orthodox Christianity as well as attacks them. This is well documented by others Christians as well as Christian Cult Watcher groups.

-They deny Jesus Christ work of Salvation…as well as deny who he is…Deny the atonement or should I say — refines these instead?

-They deny the Trinity and attack any discussion on this vital subject so that any discussion on this thread ends up being locked. Basically claiming to be Christian they attack anything Christian like a good wolf in sheep's clothing would.

-They Deny who the Holy Spirit is and redefine Him into another form of exsistence.

-They deny the nature and character of God that the entire bible clearly teaches on.

-They deny or should I say — redefine eternal punishment and what Jesus describes about Hell.

They contort teachings of the early church Fathers had on the basic doctrines of the Christian Faith and redefine these to suite their own beliefs despite the historical evidence that counters their claims and beliefs.

Most cultic system use verbiage familiar with Christianity but contort these meanings into their own privet interpretations. Christdelphian's are a Cultic system that denies the fundamentals of Christianity claiming these very doctrines are heretical while only they are the only purveyors of truth and only they hold and safegard true and correct doctrine.

We must never forget that Satan contorts scriptures as evidenced when Jesus was faced this foe in the wilderness. He has not stopped and thus many cultic groups still form to confront biblical Christianity with false doctrine to entice the unwary to die enslaved in their sins.

It is a tragic shame what people do to deny what the bible really says and then twist the bible to satisfy their own ends but the Sin Nature of humanity being such that it is, explains much why this happens.

The Councils of the Church were formed to confront heresy. Through such confronting and challenges many of these Councils brought together biblical Christian doctrine in the form of Homiletic statements that are verified in scripture. Least we forget.
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Are Christadelphians Christian?

Post by FFC »

I don't really know anything about this church. Who started it and why?
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

FFC wrote:I don't really know anything about this church. Who started it and why?
Here are a few links that may help - also you can go to the major Christian apolgetic web sites and find out more: See CRAM website

Try - the bereans website,Cult Help Web Site, and Letter from a FORMER CHRISTADELPHIAN. Read the last part of this letter I'll quote below:

Quote -- DOCTRINAL SCRIPTURE TWISTING

Well reader, what the historian Tacitus spoke of crafty counsels, I may as truly apply to crafty errors.They are pleasant in their beginning, difficult in their management and sad in their
event and issue.

And so I left Christadelphianism the death watch beetle of icy intellectualism dining in the
rafters, and the dry rot of schism and contention gnawing in the cellar, and in the living room
itself, heaps of false doctrinal and Scripture twisted rubble. The corridors ever echoing with
the hyena cries of one faction whining after their Thomas, and the other warbling for their
Roberts

Praise God that He mercifully delivered me from a mere head religion unto Christ Jesus a
perfect Saviour.

Amen.
-- End Quote

(Quoted from - Peter Harris - 1982 article entitled, "FORMER CHRISTADELPHIAN")

Hope these links helps...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Pierac
Established Member

Post by Pierac »

Wow, Fortigurn, you're a Christdelphian? I have to admit I'm not well versed in your theology? However, I do not agree that Satan is a myth! No disrespect intended!

What else do you believe?

Paul