Carnivorous animals before the fall...

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
carpentersson
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Re: Carnivorous animals before the fall...

Post by carpentersson »

neo-x wrote:I personally think death was always in God's plan, that the garden was indeed affected by natural laws, (unless Adam and eve were in zero gravity :ebiggrin: )

If there was no death, then that is certainly troubling, because in time to come, animals reproducing but not dying would create a shift in the natural balance of nature. Same is the case with all living creatures. Also, I can't think how the carnivores could eat grass? Their dental profile is not made for that kind of thing. It is nearly impossible.
You must be right sir or else God was lying when he said "In the day you eat thereof you shall surely die" because the very next thing Adam and Eve were banished from the garden but did NOT die physically on the same day. There are too many other things also that just don't add up if you accept the premise of a garden with no physical death...it becomes laughable.

But the confusion between the visible physical and unseen spiritual is the same as when Jesus spoke to His apostles in John 2:19 "Destroy this temple and I will raise it again in 3 days." They just didn't get it. :shakehead:
ROBE
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Carnivorous animals before the fall...

Post by ROBE »

I am not against the idea that some meat eaters may have originallly been veggies. However this would only have applied to land mammals and birds, I don't see it applying to sea creatures even if they have a soul.