Modern Humans Pre-Adam?

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Modern Humans Pre-Adam?

Post by Philip »

A cave painting nearly 44,000 years old???!!!

Here's a classic case of a dating estimate for modern humans that is FAR older than suggested dates for Adam and Eve, per Bible geneology cited:

https://www.foxnews.com/science/nearly- ... lling-art.
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Re: Modern Humans Pre-Adam?

Post by DBowling »

It took me years (actually decades) to finally wrap my brain around this...
But it is really quite amazing to see how Special Revelation and General Revelation complement each other when you take the Biblical sequence of events in Genesis 1 and 2 at face value.
1. In Genesis 1:26-27 God created mankind in his image.
2. Sometime later, Genesis 2 and 3 tells us the story of Adam and Eve.

Scripture just doesn't tell us how much time passed between when God created mankind in Gen 1:26-27 and when Adam and Eve lived (Genesis 2-3).
But Scripture does tell us when and where Adam and Eve lived, Neolithic Mesopotamia somewhere around 5000 - 6000 BC.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

DB: It took me years (actually decades) to finally wrap my brain around this...
But it is really quite amazing to see how Special Revelation and General Revelation complement each other when you take the Biblical sequence of events in Genesis 1 and 2 at face value.

Scripture just doesn't tell us how much time passed between when God created mankind in Gen 1:26-27 and when Adam and Eve lived (Genesis 2-3).
But Scripture does tell us when and where Adam and Eve lived, Neolithic Mesopotamia somewhere around 5000 - 6000 BC.
DB, refresh my memory, as to your view of when sin would have entered the world, per the existence of pre-Adamic men?
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

Philip wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:38 pm
DB: It took me years (actually decades) to finally wrap my brain around this...

DB, refresh my memory, as to your view of when sin would have entered the world, per the existence of pre-Adamic men?
I hold the standard Scriptural view that sin entered the world of mankind through Adam (Romans 5:12).

Paul's statement in the very next verse (Romans 5:13) is significant for my current thoughts regarding the spiritual condition of pre-Adamic humans.
"sin is not imputed when there is no law."
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

DB: I hold the standard Scriptural view that sin entered the world of mankind through Adam (Romans 5:12).
But what about Romans 1:20? "For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse."

The above verse would seem to indicate that key things about God / His basic attributes, were known "ever since the creation of the world." And that passage also references those early humans' guilt - "So they are without excuse."

But what sins would have been around "ever since the creation of the world?" Very next verse.

"For although they knew God, A) they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and B) exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

So, the sins that God says even the first men had no excuse for were:Denying Him, being unappreciative of His benevolence in providing for their basic needs, and then replacing Him in their hearts and minds with idols. These were clearly sins, and Romans 1 tells us these people are accountable. Was there a formal Law yet? No. But they certainly knew enough so that they were obviously aware they were rebelling against God and His wishes - an awareness I would say makes them guilty, or "without excuse."
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

Philip wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:34 pm
DB: I hold the standard Scriptural view that sin entered the world of mankind through Adam (Romans 5:12).
But what about Romans 1:20? "For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse."

The above verse would seem to indicate that key things about God / His basic attributes, were known "ever since the creation of the world." And that passage also references those early humans' guilt - "So they are without excuse."
Here are my current thoughts...

According to Genesis 3, Adam and Eve did not gain the Knowledge of Good and Evil until after Adam sinned.
So combining Genesis 3 with Romans 5:13...
Sin would not have been part of the human condition prior to the Fall because:
1. Mankind did not have the Knowledge of Good and Evil
2. God had not given his 'law' (either specific commands or knowledge of good and evil) to mankind, therefore according to Romans 5:13 sin would not have been imputed to mankind.

Adam was the first person to disobey a law/command from God, therefore according to Romans 5:12, sin entered the world of mankind through Adam.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

DBowling wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:52 pm It took me years (actually decades) to finally wrap my brain around this...

I have come to this conclusion also.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

PaulSacramento wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:54 am
DBowling wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:52 pm It took me years (actually decades) to finally wrap my brain around this...

Me too.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

PaulSacramento wrote: ↑
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:54 pm

DBowling wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:52 pm
It took me years (actually decades) to finally wrap my brain around this...

Me too.
I'm pretty much there as well. There is no other way so many ancient sites of anatomically modern humans could date so much older than Adam - certainly the dating methodologies can't be THAT far off.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Add to that the reading of Genesis 1 and then 2 naturally leads one to see TWO distinct "creation" events.
I have come to the view that Genesis 1 is about the creation of life on earth in GENERAL and that Genesis 2 is about the SPECIFIC creation of ( what would become)the lineage of Israel, ie: Adam and Eve.