Do YECs accept "ordinary days"?

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Do YECs accept "ordinary days"?

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Philip wrote:
"Okay back to God's sixth creation day. I am saying it lasted for an indefinite period of earth day time. Chapter two, according to the writing style of ancient people, it was common to use a flashback approach to explain history of events. One tells of the basic event, then stops, and recounts in a later part of the text the details, etc and etc.

That is IF the two accounts are talking about the very same events.
It MIGHT be that the first story tells of the creation of mankind while the second story subsequently focuses on what happens in THE GARDEN, and also the lineage of God's family through Christ, which would have begun with the creation of Adam. Remember, the story is told LONG after the flood of Noah, per Moses. Has the Church perhaps been gluing the two different accounts together, when in fact, they are largely disconnected? And Eve, through her subsequent ancestors related to Noah's family, would indeed have been the "Mother of all living," but not the necessarily the mother of ALL humans from the very beginning.

BTW, I'm not convinced of the above possibility, but it IS an intriguing one.

Explored more fully here: http://michaelsheiser.com/TheNakedBible ... -research/
Thanks for posting the link but it seems like to me that this person is so close in realizing what Gap Theorists have been saying all of these years about a pre-Adamite race,the only problem is that he has overlooked a former world world perished and so it causes him to try to explain two different creations of man for this world,if he only knew about the GapTheory he would have a better understanding. Uniformitarianism is wrong no matter what creation interpretation a person accepts - all things have not gone on continually whether you believe the earth is 6000 years or 4.5 billion years old and Peter said this would happen in the last days too and yet all of you who believe in uniformitarianism are fulfilling this bible prophecy -2nd Peter 3:3-4 Knowing this first,that there shall come scoffers,walking after their own lusts,And saying,Where is the promise of his coming?FOR SINCE THE FATHERS FELL ASLEEP ALL THINGS CONTINUE AS THEY WERE FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE CREATION." This is a fulfilled bible prophecy because most everybody today accepts uniformitarianism,instead of catastrophism. Catastrophism is the correct biblical view that everybody today in these last days overlooks,this is why I reject uniformitarianism because the bible crealy tells us all things have not gone on continually since the beginning and that would be since Genesis 1:1 all things have not gone on continually since our fathers died.He is so close to finding the truth.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
zacchaeus
Valued Member

Post by zacchaeus »

Sooo, b.w. believes days 1-3 are different than days 4-6??? And 7 is on going?
zacchaeus
Valued Member

Post by zacchaeus »

If you read the numbers...

What would you read into the numbers? That possibly their not even numbers? What can you say are similar? How about their contrasts? I just find the entire thing a sham.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Zac, YECs too readi into Genesis 1 what isn't there.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

:greedy:
Do not. Yes they do. NOT. DO! Well the Bible CLEARLY says. If you read the original Hebrew. OECs don't _____. YECs are always saying _____. Etc. Etc. To infinity and beyond. :shock: :shock: :shock: y:O2 Please, PLEASE make them stop!!! y#-o y[-o<

:beat: :lalala: :pillows: :duel: :redcard: :duel: :brick: :yes:
zacchaeus
Valued Member

Post by zacchaeus »

Kur, that's fine... I can accept that we both do, but they'll never admit it. :)
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Jac admitted it. For example, some YECs assumption with the source of light that is created on day 1.

Assuming you go by the typical YEC interpretation where the Sun is created on day 4, what then is that light on day 1?

Further, on which day did God separate light from darkness: Day 1 (Gen 1:4), or Day 4 (Gen 1:18)?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Philip wrote::greedy:
Do not. Yes they do. NOT. DO! Well the Bible CLEARLY says. If you read the original Hebrew. OECs don't _____. YECs are always saying _____. Etc. Etc. To infinity and beyond. :shock: :shock: :shock: y:O2 Please, PLEASE make them stop!!! y#-o y[-o<

:beat: :lalala: :pillows: :duel: :redcard: :duel: :brick: :yes:
LOL! I'm learning more and more through these kinds of discussions believe it or not.I just hope nobody takes it personal.I don't like hush-hush topics. I like to get into it and iron it out with all of our collective biblical knowledge and even scientific knowledge. My motto is still the same " Let God be true and every man a liar."
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
zacchaeus
Valued Member

Post by zacchaeus »

If God is true He probably meant what He said, and not what we think ACB.

I find it interesting that God 'said' anything at all, before there was what we call language.

Again, my honest opinion, if I wanted to assume or read into Scripture that isn't there, and not believe Gods word... It's more likely everything was created in an instance, so fast beyond comprehension, and simply had Moses write it out in lamens terms for us to understand. What the light was before the sun doesn't bug me as much as questioning the light we know that was there before the sun... He said it, I believe it. God nor His word is on trial here, but science and man is... God has told the truth, now it's simply up to the jury to figure out how that Truth is possible, without bending nor manipulating His truth.
zacchaeus
Valued Member

Post by zacchaeus »

It isnt really a thought process too difficult to suppose that God created water before He created springs and waterfalls, that He created electrons before He created sources of electricity, and that He created photons before He created light sources. If He had created the Sun before He created photons, what would it have emitted? Creating a light source before He created light would be more paradoxical than the reverse. I get my water out of a faucet in the kitchen, but I don't consider it some bizarre paradox that water existed before kitchen faucets were invented, or light before the bulb, or light switch in my kitchen, or electricity.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

zacchaeus wrote:If God is true He probably meant what He said, and not what we think ACB.

I find it interesting that God 'said' anything at all, before there was what we call language.

Again, my honest opinion, if I wanted to assume or read into Scripture that isn't there, and not believe Gods word... It's more likely everything was created in an instance, so fast beyond comprehension, and simply had Moses write it out in lamens terms for us to understand. What the light was before the sun doesn't bug me as much as questioning the light we know that was there before the sun... He said it, I believe it. God nor His word is on trial here, but science and man is... God has told the truth, now it's simply up to the jury to figure out how that Truth is possible, without bending nor manipulating His truth.
We all believe God's word.I am not assuming or reading anything into scripture. I understand that you are not going to change your mind and that is OK but I have only given you what the word of God says and I'm not reading anything into it.If God's word won't change your mind then I certianly can't.I believe it is you ignoring what God's word says despite how I showed you.I realize you've probably never thought of it but nobody has 100% authority on their creation interpretation,not even YEC's.If you have any questions or don't understand this interpretation then ask me and I'll explain biblically first then maybe scientifically.I'm not being prideful either or trying to be a know it all.I'm just bringing the Gap Theory interpretation because I believe it is the right one and there are still many bible teachers and preachers who teach it and believe it too.I really believe you're going more by popularity instead of what God's word.I know how popular YEC is but it is wrong. Did you even watch the video I gave you about how AIG edited C.H Spurgeon's sermon that was preached in 1855 and cut out the part of his sermon that was about the Gap Theory and how the earth is millions of years old? Now why would AIG do this in order to push their YEC dogma?It is not Christian-like behavior and C.H Spurgeon was known as the "Prince of preachers" in his time he was a Baptist preacher who accepted the Gap Theory and yet was censored by AIG.It is deception being used.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Just off the top of my head here are some of the names of popular Christians who accept the Gap Theory. J Vernon McGee,Perry Stone,Les Feldick,John Hagee,C H Spurgeon,G.H Pember,Jack Van Impe,Charles Caps,T.D.Jakes.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote:Just off the top of my head here are some of the names of popular Christians who accept the Gap Theory. J Vernon McGee,Perry Stone,Les Feldick,John Hagee,C H Spurgeon,G.H Pember,Jack Van Impe,Charles Caps,T.D.Jakes.
Seeing that list, no wonder I'm not a gap theorist! :shock:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:Just off the top of my head here are some of the names of popular Christians who accept the Gap Theory. J Vernon McGee,Perry Stone,Les Feldick,John Hagee,C H Spurgeon,G.H Pember,Jack Van Impe,Charles Caps,T.D.Jakes.
That's fine but they are out there.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:
That's fine but they are out there.
Yes. Some on that list are waaaaaay out there! :ewink: :lol:

ACB,
Not sure why you didn't mention Benny Hinn. He believes in the Gap theory.

He'd be a great spokesman for the Gap theory! :pound:
https://hewhohasearslethimhear.wordpres ... ap-theory/

Sorry ACB,

But you started the list. y>:D<
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony