Book of Nature Scriptures

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Book of Nature Scriptures

Post by B. W. »

RickD wrote:
theophilus wrote:
Only God knows the answer to this question. We believe in YEC simply because that is what the Bible teaches. Old Earth creationist correctly point out that the word "day" can mean many different things. We examine what the Bible says to find out what it does mean in the context of the creation account.
:beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:
Peace out Rick

y\:D/ yp**== y)>- :swoon: :fighting:
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

lets hope the last word has been posted on this
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Audie wrote:lets hope the last word has been posted on this
Dearest Audi R10,

This YEC arrogance is an anglophone problem. Ditto for the misfits who argue about which Bible translation/paraphrase is best: such discussions do not occur in French or Spanish.*

So the problem seems to be cultural but not all native English-speakers are afflicted: Jac3510 is a YEC but he's no legalistic fruitcake.

FL :D

*I also speak these.
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
theophilus
Valued Member
Sex: Male

Post by theophilus »

Audie wrote:No, you believe in it because you THINK that is what the Bible teaches.
I know how to read and since the Bible has been translated into English I can read it for myself and see exactly what it teaches.
Others, as sincere and as connected to any guidance God may offer, see it quite differently.

SOME people think to cross check their reading with outside sources.
The first statement is the result of the second. I believe the Bible is inspired by God and since God is omniscient and always tells the truth there can be no errors in the Bible. Some people don't have that degree of confidence in the Bible and look at other sources to try to confirm the Bible. If there is a disagreement they often interpret the Bible to conform to those sources.
You are trying to use science to prove that your "gap" story is true, when every bit of science you try to use says its wrong.
I do not believe in the gap theory and in another thread I tried to refute someone who did believe that theory. I believe the earth was created by God a few thousand years ago. Science cannot prove this is wrong because scientific information comes from observation and testing and we cannot observe or test what happened in the past. Discovering what happened in the past requires historical information. In this case in requires an accurate answer to the historical question of whether God created the earth or whether it came into existence entirely by natural processes. I have explained this in more detail here:

http://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/2014/0 ... t-science/
God wants full custody of his children, not just visits on Sunday.
theophilus
Valued Member
Sex: Male

Post by theophilus »

RickD wrote:
theophilus wrote:
Only God knows the answer to this question. We believe in YEC simply because that is what the Bible teaches. Old Earth creationist correctly point out that the word "day" can mean many different things. We examine what the Bible says to find out what it does mean in the context of the creation account.
:beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:
I hope you wear some kind of protective helmet when you beat your head against that wall. If you don't you could be seriously hurt. :esad:
God wants full custody of his children, not just visits on Sunday.