Proof That God Exists

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
JackHectorman
Recognized Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Proof That God Exists

#16

Post by JackHectorman » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:58 pm

/bump

I was surfing and came across this thread. FL's OP has a magnificent song, and I was almost certain I had heard that rendition
before and so I went to my archives and found it. Lo and behold I have that DVD, its titled The Gala Concert 300 Years of St. Petersburg.
The song in the OP is absolutely beautiful, it is "Musetta's Waltz" [Quando men vo] from Puccini's La Boheme. I love this aria, and am very
glad I found this OP and then went on to find my DVD of this concert with the amazingly beautiful Anna Netrebko singing Quando men vo in St.
Petersburg. She was in top form in this video, absolutely beautiful. [Furstentum Liechtenstein has impeccable tastes in both women and music.] :)

Also

1/137

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmpBdkFVxSw [your link in the quote up there takes you to the link I just posted.]
Patricia janeckova-dokonalá was just discovered by me, thanks to you. That was a beautiful delivery of Ennio Morricone's
Once Upon A Time In The West. I have the DVD titled Morricone Conducting Morricone with the soprano Susanna Rigacci
doing the vocal work and Once Upon A Time In The West is on that DVD.

I don't have this video rendition, but here she is doing Once Upon A Time In The West:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nKAq6V8Udg

And here is a magnificent delivery of the same piece:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzmfvRbSPuU
Andre Rieu's orchestra with the Brazilian soprano Carla Maffioletti
singing Morricone's Once Upon A Time In The West.
(Note the atmospherics, they are amazingly beautiful.
The lights against the buildings, quite delightful.]

I appreciate very much discovering Patricia. She just went
into my Fave folder on YouTube.

Thank God For Music

♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
"For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich." 2 Cor. 8:9

JackHectorman
Recognized Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Proof That God Exists

#17

Post by JackHectorman » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:25 pm

`
Speaking of beautiful music!

Jackie Evancho was 11 years old when she sang this rendition of Nessun Dorma.

This is my "do you have a soul test" .. lol .. that I give my extended family and close friends, if you can:

(1) Go the distance with this video
(2) With your speakers kicked on up there, so you can feel this powerful piece of music
(3) And NOT have your neck hairs tingle ...

.. then, imo, you have no soul ../Big Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzSfx2IK ... q&index=11

♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
"For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich." 2 Cor. 8:9

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21632
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 1109 times

Re: Proof That God Exists

#18

Post by RickD » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:12 pm

JackHectorman wrote:`
Speaking of beautiful music!

Jackie Evancho was 11 years old when she sang this rendition of Nessun Dorma.

This is my "do you have a soul test" .. lol .. that I give my extended family and close friends, if you can:

(1) Go the distance with this video
(2) With your speakers kicked on up there, so you can feel this powerful piece of music
(3) And NOT have your neck hairs tingle ...

.. then, imo, you have no soul ../Big Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzSfx2IK ... q&index=11

♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

Jackie has an amazing gift. What a beautiful voice! She was my favorite singer on America's Got Talent.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

JackHectorman
Recognized Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Proof That God Exists

#19

Post by JackHectorman » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:26 am

RickD wrote:
JackHectorman wrote:`
Speaking of beautiful music!

Jackie Evancho was 11 years old when she sang this rendition of Nessun Dorma.

This is my "do you have a soul test" .. lol .. that I give my extended family and close friends, if you can:

(1) Go the distance with this video
(2) With your speakers kicked on up there, so you can feel this powerful piece of music
(3) And NOT have your neck hairs tingle ...

.. then, imo, you have no soul ../Big Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzSfx2IK ... q&index=11

♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

Jackie has an amazing gift. What a beautiful voice! She was my favorite singer on America's Got Talent.


Amen to all that. I hope Jackie can maintain her voice because imo we need all the positive up-lifting soul-stirring
music that we can get here in America to provide an alternative to the "jungle music" and "pure asininity" that permeates
the air from sources like MTV.

And it sounds like Jackie is going to maintain her voice and keep doing quite well. I'm not certain, but I think this
performance of her singling The Music Of The Night was done in late 2013 or possibly even this year. She can
still sing, and she is of course growing up. I think she is age 13 here in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPwcy2tJIXQ

I thought this wiki write-up on Jackie was interesting [lengthy too]. I discovered that her parents are Christians,
that's nice to know [the article said they were Catholics.]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackie_Evancho

Also the same article said she was born Jacqueline Marie Evancho , April 9, 2000 (age 13)

From all I read, it appears her parents are solid Family people and are emphasizing the important of Family values
to Jackie. I hope Jackie remains stable in her Family values, and does not have the instability problems that some
of the "child stars" have had, for example Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, and Miley Cyrus.

I think to much fame can be deadly. We humans were not designed to be gods and worshiped. Imo, those two elements
contributed to the death of Elvis the "King."

♫ ♪
"For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich." 2 Cor. 8:9

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21632
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 1109 times

Re: Proof That God Exists

#20

Post by RickD » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:43 am

I have an amazing appreciation for beautiful singing. I think it's because I have absolutely THE WORST singing voice. Everything I've tried in my life, I've been able to get better with practice. I just can't sing.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3295
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:55 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Lower Canuckistan
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 34 times

Re: Proof That God Exists

#21

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:58 pm

RickD wrote:I have an amazing appreciation for beautiful singing. I think it's because I have absolutely THE WORST singing voice. Everything I've tried in my life, I've been able to get better with practice. I just can't sing.
Dearest Rick,

I'm sure God loves it when you sing hymns of praise to Him!

F & L
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21632
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 1109 times

Re: Proof That God Exists

#22

Post by RickD » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:17 pm

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:This is amusing: I distinctly remember Proinsias thanking me for posting this link to Anna Netrebko but Proinsias has since deleted his post..

Why?

FL y:-?
Because he realized she's an opera singer. And any red-blooded man won't admit he likes opera. Especially Scottish men who wear skirts kilts.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3295
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:55 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Lower Canuckistan
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 34 times

Re: Proof That God Exists

#23

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:15 pm

RickD wrote:
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:This is amusing: I distinctly remember Proinsias thanking me for posting this link to Anna Netrebko but Proinsias has since deleted his post..

Why?

FL y:-?
Because he realized she's an opera singer. And any red-blooded man won't admit he likes opera. Especially Scottish men who wear skirts kilts.
Perhaps Proinsias had partaken too much of the lovely elixir of his native Scotland! Aye, Proinsias! a Man who loves Scotch is also loved by God!

F & L y@};-
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21632
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 1109 times

Re: Proof That God Exists

#24

Post by RickD » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:47 pm

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
RickD wrote:I have an amazing appreciation for beautiful singing. I think it's because I have absolutely THE WORST singing voice. Everything I've tried in my life, I've been able to get better with practice. I just can't sing.
Dearest Rick,

I'm sure God loves it when you sing hymns of praise to Him!

F & L
Actually,
God revealed these exact words to me in a dream, "I AM THE LORD YOUR GOD! FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE, STOP SINGING!!!"
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

Post Reply