Increasing Demand in Homeschooling for Scientific Curriculum

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Increasing Demand in Homeschooling for Scientific Curriculum

Post by Canuckster1127 »

A recent article in The Atlantic that deals with evangelical homeschooling and the demand for curriculum that takes science more seriously than many popular providers have been providing.

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/arc ... on/273844/
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
jlay
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Increasing Demand in Homeschooling for Scientific Curric

Post by jlay »

I know many families who homeschool, and this has never been a problem for them, as there is ample curriculum. I wouldn't advise AIG as source material for home schooling.

Of course there is plenty of error to go around.
Dorothy Boorse, a biology professor at Gordon College, a Christian college in Massachusetts, applauds these underdog homeschool textbooks. "I believe that the best evidence is that the earth is very old and that God used and continues to use the biological process of evolution," she says.
This conflates an old earth as evidence for evolution. Which of course many if not most here reject.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious