Peter Enns Addresses Ken Ham

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Peter Enns Addresses Ken Ham

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Really good blog article by Peter Enns that responds much better to Ken Ham than Ken Ham responds to others.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/peterenns/ ... -strategy/
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Canuckster1127
Old School

Re: Peter Enns Addresses Ken Ham

Post by Canuckster1127 »

THis is the comment I placed at the site which is awaiting moderation.

Middle Ground (argumentum ad temperantiam) — The fallacy of assuming that the middle ground between extreme points of view is the logical place to find truth. The middle ground is most often invoked when there are sharply contrasting views which are deeply entrenched. (Example: “Opinions on abortion range from banning it altogether to allowing it on demand; thus the correct view is restricted abortions.”)

Those attempting to reconcile Ken Ham’s positions and tactics with the very reasonable observations of Dr. Enns are mistaken,, I believe, in their opinion that pointing out what Ken Ham does is the same thing as doing what Ken Ham does.

Ken Ham has a long track record of discord with people who are basically in agreement with his overall position. He has had legal wrangles with his own organization in Australia. He has been removed from Homeschooling Conferences by people of his own Young Earth Position because of his disrespectful and combative practices.

Ken Ham clearly live by a code of his way, or the highway and regardless of what others may think about the orthodoxy of his position, his orthopraxy is sadly lacking.

I Cor 13 might be a good place for Kan Ham to camp and return to Genesis when he’s let what is said there soak in for a while.

Just a thought.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

I only have one thing to say, that I think says more about Ken Ham, than any other comment I could make. At the end of Ham's blog, and every other article he writes, there's no chance to post any comments. Ham just puts his words in print, and is completely closed to any discussion.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

I've often noted that myself too. Answers in Genesis is more about declaring their truth from the mountain top with no discussion. Say what you want about us or Enns or other organizations but we provide a forum to discuss things that includes and allows those who disagree.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

I have always liked Peter's work, from the first time I read his stuff on biologos.org.