Catholic/Christian Education

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
twinc
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Catholic/Christian Education

Post by twinc »

In "Humani Generis" in 1950 it was advised that both the pros and cons of Evolution must be equally taught - this has not yet happened,even in Catholic or Christian schools and it seems moves are now afoot by a small but powerful militant minority group of Humanist and Atheists scientists in the UK to push the government to restrict academic freedom in schools and to make the teaching of Evolution compulsory - Catholics and all other Christians are unaware that they have and are being duped to pay and aid and abet their children and adults being told and taught lies and false beliefs and indoctrinated that the Catechism and Bible are full of errors,lies,contradictions,exaggerations,myths and fairy tales and cannot be relied on or trusted as regards science and history etc - your comments - twinc
twinc
Established Member

Re: Catholic/Christian Education

Post by twinc »

twinc wrote:In "Humani Generis" in 1950 it was advised that both the pros and cons of Evolution must be equally taught - this has not yet happened,even in Catholic or Christian schools and it seems moves are now afoot by a small but powerful militant minority group of Humanist and Atheists scientists in the UK to push the government to restrict academic freedom in schools and to make the teaching of Evolution compulsory - Catholics and all other Christians are unaware that they have and are being duped to pay and aid and abet their children and adults being told and taught lies and false beliefs and indoctrinated that the Catechism and Bible are full of errors,lies,contradictions,exaggerations,myths and fairy tales and cannot be relied on or trusted as regards science and history etc - your comments - twinc
What - no surprise to Christians - no cause for concern - speaks fot itself - twinc
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

My kids go to a catholic school, when they speak of evolution that mention what science states and the arguments that some make against it.
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

PaulSacramento wrote:My kids go to a catholic school, when they speak of evolution that mention what science states and the arguments that some make against it.
good show - but even if so it wont be so in the future - twinc
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

twinc wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:My kids go to a catholic school, when they speak of evolution that mention what science states and the arguments that some make against it.
good show - but even if so it wont be so in the future - twinc
It falls on US to equip our children to deal with these issues.
It falls on us to KNOW and UNDERSTAND these issues so that we may better prepare our children.
Ignoring the science or claiming it is full of lies and deceit WITHOUT proving it will NOT do the job.
We must be honest in dealing with the issues in the bible and with issues that science may created WHEN USED by those that take science ( that comments on what it observes and nothing more) and make it their religion.
tunde1992
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by tunde1992 »

i have kinda been scared of having kids
i mean even when i raise them christian
there are so many other influences
that can turn them into atheists
am not saying being atheist is "wrong"
......i don't like controversy
its just i really worried about this a lot
but then i just decided to raise them as intelligent apologetic christian
and if they turn away from God
well not my fault< i did the best i could possibly do :P
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
-matthew 6:33