Universe being enternal

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
Jay_7
Established Member

Universe being enternal

Post by Jay_7 »

Lots of people who dont believe in god think that the universe is enternal, why i think this isnt true is because, the universe has time, and according to evolutionist, things evolve, which needs time, and if the universe in enternal, it must have no time, but it does. So therefore it cannot be enternal, and nothing could have just appeared here, and formed so perfectly into life, which means that there must be someone outside, which is God. :wink:

I was just sharing what i thought. whats everyone else think?
Last edited by Jay_7 on Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Religious Fanatic
Familiar Member
Christian: No

RE

Post by Religious Fanatic »

Agreed, and if the universe has always been here it would have maxed out by now and died a long time ago.
SUGAAAAA
Established Member

Post by SUGAAAAA »

the universe cant be eternal because of heat death.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
The Barbarian
Acquainted Member

Post by The Barbarian »

Not to mention, the recession of Galaxies. They would all have been out of sight by now. Or if new ones were being continuously produced, the sky would be ablaze with radiation from an infinite number of them.

Can't be eternal.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

The Barbarian wrote:Not to mention, the recession of Galaxies. They would all have been out of sight by now.

Or if new ones were being continuously produced, the sky would be ablaze with radiation from an infinite number of them.
This would depend on the rate of production wouldn't it?
=)
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
The Barbarian wrote:Not to mention, the recession of Galaxies. They would all have been out of sight by now.

Or if new ones were being continuously produced, the sky would be ablaze with radiation from an infinite number of them.
This would depend on the rate of production wouldn't it?
=)
Galaxies coming into existence uncaused? First law of thermodynamics, duh. That, and the Big Bang Theory won out over the Steady State Theory, so there
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
DrCreation
Newbie Member

Post by DrCreation »

Greetings Jay_7,

Your are on the right track. Just don't put too much stock in the "Big Bang" model. As proposed, it is totally out of line with the Bible; meaning the facts that it is based on must be re-aligned with the Genesis account. Check out Dr. Humphreys book, Starlight and Time for a better answer. Remember, we bring our scientific thinking into line with the Scriptures, not with the interpretations of science.

Have a great day. :)
tachyon
Newbie Member

Post by tachyon »

Jay_7,

This is a really interesting topic. What's even more interesting to me is that from around the mid 19th century through the mid 20th century, most scientists who were atheists/agnostics were convinced that the universe was infinite and were willing to go to great lengths to establish this, but the evidence they uncovered just did not support this hypothesis. Einstein, for example, recognized that his equations of general relativity predicted a dynamic universe so he introduced a new term into the equations which would cancel off the time-evolution of the universe. When overwhelming physical evidence-mostly from Edwin Hubble-later indicated a universe that has been expanding (according to the currently accepted standard big bang model of the universe) he revoked this term, calling it "his greatest blunder." Very interesting are the twists and turns that physics adds to our worldviews...
tachyon
Newbie Member

Post by tachyon »

DrCreation wrote: Check out Dr. Humphreys book, Starlight and Time for a better answer. Remember, we bring our scientific thinking into line with the Scriptures, not with the interpretations of science.
Actually, the scientific evidence (from astrophysics anyway) points unequivically to a creator, so there is no need to "bring our scientific thingking in line" with anything. For a book on this, check out The Creator and the Cosmos by Hugh Ross.
Jay_7
Established Member

Post by Jay_7 »

The Universe has a beginning because of the fact you cannot go back in time, because what if you did, and you killed your dad before you were born? That means the universe is going forward, but, the universe needs a starting point to go forward, which is why it HAD to of been created by a place with no time, sounds familiar. ;)
macguy
Familiar Member

Post by macguy »

The most common excuse for believing in a infinite universe now-days is the string theory. It's a bunch of speculation to me. No evidence to support such a position but they'd accept any alternative to escape a beginning. What are your thoughts?
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

macguy wrote:The most common excuse for believing in a infinite universe now-days is the string theory. It's a bunch of speculation to me. No evidence to support such a position but they'd accept any alternative to escape a beginning. What are your thoughts?
I don't understand the physics of it well enough to speculate, except to state that string theory is speculative. All it would do if anywhere near true is add another layer that still would leave the question of first cause unanswered.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

Logic suggests that you cant have eternity in this time line anyway because how would you get to the present if you have to transgress an infinite number of days to get here - which means - you would never get here. The same applies for an infinte number of universes as well. They would all have to be created at the same time others it would be logically impossible for us to reach this fine tuned one that we live in today. Dr Willaim Craig explains it a lot better - check out his videos on:

http://www.leestrobel.com/Creator.htm

Among loads of others there.

God Bless

Silvertusk
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

Silvertusk wrote:Logic suggests that you cant have eternity in this time line anyway because how would you get to the present if you have to transgress an infinite number of days to get here - which means - you would never get here.
Not to be a pain or anything but are you sure about your logic?

For instance we can say the distance from my home to the super market can be divided into two. And each section can be divided into two and each of those into two etc. So in effect there are an infinite number of points along the path which I must travel. According to you I would never make it to the market and would thus starve to death.
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
Silvertusk wrote:Logic suggests that you cant have eternity in this time line anyway because how would you get to the present if you have to transgress an infinite number of days to get here - which means - you would never get here.
Not to be a pain or anything but are you sure about your logic?

For instance we can say the distance from my home to the super market can be divided into two. And each section can be divided into two and each of those into two etc. So in effect there are an infinite number of points along the path which I must travel. According to you I would never make it to the market and would thus starve to death.
No my logic is sound - like i said - check out that link - Dr Craig explains it better than i do. Besides - you have a definate starting point and a definate end point in your scenario - you are walking on a finite line. An eternal past and an eternal future is totally different.