Darwin's Doubt

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
DBowling
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1124
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:23 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 103 times

Darwin's Doubt

#1

Post by DBowling » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:23 am

Charles Darwin was aware of the problem that the fossil record of the Cambrian Explosion presented for his Theory of Evolution.

Stephen Meyer, the author of the book Darwin's Doubt, gives a lecture on the difficulties of the Cambrian Explosion for Darwin's theory.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg8bqXGrRa0

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 20156
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 989 times

Re: Darwin's Doubt

#2

Post by RickD » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:13 am

Wow, that's long!

Do you have anything more ADD friendly?
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Stu
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 893
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:32 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 23 times

Re: Darwin's Doubt

#3

Post by Stu » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:36 am

Huh, mine is ad free...
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 20156
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 989 times

Re: Darwin's Doubt

#4

Post by RickD » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:38 am

Stu wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:36 am
Huh, mine is ad free...
y#-o

ADD friendly=Attention Deficit Disorder. Video is long.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Stu
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 893
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:32 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 23 times

Re: Darwin's Doubt

#5

Post by Stu » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:50 am

RickD wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:38 am
Stu wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:36 am
Huh, mine is ad free...
y#-o

ADD friendly=Attention Deficit Disorder. Video is long.
LOL

Do it in stages, not one sitting :)
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 20156
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 989 times

Re: Darwin's Doubt

#6

Post by RickD » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:51 am

Stu wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:50 am
RickD wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:38 am
Stu wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:36 am
Huh, mine is ad free...
y#-o

ADD friendly=Attention Deficit Disorder. Video is long.
LOL

Do it in stages, not one sitting :)
y*-:)
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

DBowling
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1124
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:23 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 103 times

Re: Darwin's Doubt

#7

Post by DBowling » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:55 am

RickD wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:13 am
Wow, that's long!

Do you have anything more ADD friendly?
How about a 26 minute summary?
https://www.c-span.org/video/?314455-10/darwins-doubt

Or if you like reading you can check out the book
https://www.amazon.com/Darwins-Doubt-Ex ... 0062071483

Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 7268
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 317 times
Been liked: 553 times

Re: Darwin's Doubt

#8

Post by Philip » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:54 am

Rick means he needs information that dumbs it down for the dumb - particularly those only obsessively checking their smartphones! :P Rick, at least get an ipad!

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 20156
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 989 times

Re: Darwin's Doubt

#9

Post by RickD » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:58 am

Philip wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:54 am
Rick means he needs information that dumbs it down for the dumb - particularly those only obsessively checking their smartphones! :P Rick, at least get an ipad!
Actually, I have an iPad. And FYI, I'll probably watch the video on my iPad, while I'm riding the exercise bike.

You do know what exercise is, don't you Philip?
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 7268
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 317 times
Been liked: 553 times

Re: Darwin's Doubt

#10

Post by Philip » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:43 pm

Rick: Actually, I have an iPad. And FYI, I'll probably watch the video on my iPad, while I'm riding the exercise bike.
Good, Rick - it's just that how are you going to watch an hour video when you don't exercise for more than 5 minutes a day? :pound:

Image

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 20156
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 989 times

Re: Darwin's Doubt

#11

Post by RickD » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:03 pm

Philip wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:43 pm
Rick: Actually, I have an iPad. And FYI, I'll probably watch the video on my iPad, while I'm riding the exercise bike.
Good, Rick - it's just that how are you going to watch an hour video when you don't exercise for more than 5 minutes a day? :pound:

Image
Let's see...

One minute riding the bike per day...

I'll be done with the video in about two months. :teacher:
These users liked this post by RickD:
Philip (Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:56 pm)
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 20156
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 989 times

Re: Darwin's Doubt

#12

Post by RickD » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:57 pm

DBowling wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:55 am
RickD wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:13 am
Wow, that's long!

Do you have anything more ADD friendly?
How about a 26 minute summary?
https://www.c-span.org/video/?314455-10/darwins-doubt

Or if you like reading you can check out the book
https://www.amazon.com/Darwins-Doubt-Ex ... 0062071483
I tried to watch the hour long video, but it was not holding my attention. I just watched the 26 minute video. The guy seems to know his stuff. A lot of what he said, I wouldn't know one way or the other if it were true. I'd like to hear a theistic evolutionist's take on it.

Since Meyer really seems to know his stuff, it got me thinking...

If a guy as smart as Meyer, ever adopted the Gap Theory, he surely could defeat evolution!

Sorry acb. Couldn't resist.

:mrgreen:
These users liked this post by RickD:
abelcainsbrother (Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:13 pm)
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

DBowling
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1124
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:23 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 103 times

Re: Darwin's Doubt

#13

Post by DBowling » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:00 am

After searching the web I found the following 8 part 'ADD friendly' video series from the John Ankerberg show. Each episode is around 25 minutes long.

Stephen Meyer & Darwin's Doubt on the John Ankerberg Show
Part 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0meM7P9yrsk
Part 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKMAL_809yk
Part 3 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR_OcJQd7Wk
Part 4 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw76AuRckAA
Part 5 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUd24WZijDI
Part 6 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeNFQGsM-7k
Part 7 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqM4gPAS6is
Part 8 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPzqymzib_0

Davy
Familiar Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:52 am
Christian: Yes
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Darwin's Doubt

#14

Post by Davy » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:03 am

What Meyer is saying is pretty basic.

In the fossil record there is a Gap (+for ACB) between old species and a sudden burst of new species (already complex, appearing suddenly and not slowly over time which evolution theory requires). Evolutionists have always known about this Gap in the fossil record, they just don't choose to share it. It is essentially what Meyer is saying that Darwin could not account for in his origin of species theory.

In a nutshell, it reveals a probable destruction event, and then a sudden springing forth of 'newly created life'.
These users liked this post by Davy:
JustDucky (Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:36 pm)

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 20156
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 989 times

Re: Darwin's Doubt

#15

Post by RickD » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:38 am

Davy wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:03 am
What Meyer is saying is pretty basic.

In the fossil record there is a Gap (+for ACB) between old species and a sudden burst of new species (already complex, appearing suddenly and not slowly over time which evolution theory requires). Evolutionists have always known about this Gap in the fossil record, they just don't choose to share it. It is essentially what Meyer is saying that Darwin could not account for in his origin of species theory.

In a nutshell, it reveals a probable destruction event, and then a sudden springing forth of 'newly created life'.
Meyer isn't talking about the supposed gap that Gap theorists refer to. Meyer is talking about the Cambrian Explosion.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

Post Reply