“Microchimerism"

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: “Microchimerism"

Post by Philip »

Well, Stu, most Catholics would insist they aren't PRAYING to Mary, but are instead beseeching her as our advocate before God. But WHY - as if God needs any help or doesn't perfectly know our prayers, situations and needs.

Christ is…entered…into Heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God FOR US." Hebrews 9:24

"…He ever lives to make intercession for them." Hebrews 7:25

Here's an interesting analysis - of the Hail Mary prayer taught by the Catholic Church: https://jashow.org/articles/hail-mary/
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

Philip wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:35 am Well, Stu, most Catholics would insist they aren't PRAYING to Mary, but are instead beseeching her as our advocate before God. But WHY - as if God needs any help or doesn't perfectly know our prayers, situations and needs.

Christ is…entered…into Heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God FOR US." Hebrews 9:24

"…He ever lives to make intercession for them." Hebrews 7:25

Here's an interesting analysis - of the Hail Mary prayer taught by the Catholic Church: https://jashow.org/articles/hail-mary/
But that is what I'm saying, you aren't supposed to beseech Mary for anything. What stops us from beseeching the apostles then? Why then do we not beseech angels?

Why in the world do you want an advocate when you can go straight to God Himself. It makes zero sense.

So you're not praying to Mary, you're just talking to her? What nonsense, that is a called necromancy and is forbidden. Why does Mary get a pass onn necromancy? The dead are dead.

As for the Hail Mary, it is wrong on two accounts, first prayers aren't supposed to be repetitive, the Bible states this yet Catholics say it over and over like a chant and secondly like I said you aren't supposed to pray to the dead or anyone other than the Trinity.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Stu: But that is what I'm saying, you aren't supposed to beseech Mary for anything. What stops us from beseeching the apostles then? Why then do we not beseech angels?

Why in the world do you want an advocate when you can go straight to God Himself. It makes zero sense.

So you're not praying to Mary, you're just talking to her? What nonsense, that is a called necromancy and is forbidden. Why does Mary get a pass onn necromancy? The dead are dead.

As for the Hail Mary, it is wrong on two accounts, first prayers aren't supposed to be repetitive, the Bible states this yet Catholics say it over and over like a chant and secondly like I said you aren't supposed to pray to the dead or anyone other than the Trinity.
Oh, c'mon, Stu - why don't you tell us what you REALLY think! :lol: Hey, don't be a stranger - haven't seen you around in awhile!
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

Philip wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:55 am
Stu: But that is what I'm saying, you aren't supposed to beseech Mary for anything. What stops us from beseeching the apostles then? Why then do we not beseech angels?

Oh, c'mon, Stu - why don't you tell us what you REALLY think! :lol: Hey, don't be a stranger - haven't seen you around in awhile!
Haha yeah sorry but this stuff really gets me going. One of the biggest sects Christian bodies in the world and a lot of their beliefs are man-made and very dangerous. Their believes can even effect whether one is saved or not. Some Catholics don't even know about Jesus, all they know is going to church and having communion. It's quite sad really.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Stu: Some Catholics don't even know about Jesus, all they know is going to church and having communion. It's quite sad really.
Well, I married one, LOL! But she never bought into the CC dogma (things that weren't clearly in the Bible) but truly believed and had faith in Christ, even though she didn't know much beyond that. Her family was church-going but it was just a practice for them, as they NEVER talked about anything in the Bible, etc. So, I had some very serious conversations with her before getting engaged (30 years ago - :esurprised: y:O2 :shock: ). We attended a Baptist Church at first, Presbyterian briefly, and later, non-denominational, and for 10 years, C&MA - which is the most Scripturally authentic church I've ever attended.
Buzadar
Newbie Member

Post by Buzadar »

Cool. Thanks for the Thread