When Science Found God

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
david77
Newbie Member
Christian: No

When Science Found God

Post by david77 »

Hello everyone,

Posted byu/zachariusfrost
9 months ago

When Science Found God
I’ve never much cared for religion. I mean, it’s interesting and all, the old parables and philosophic insights from people two millenniums removed from the present. I particularly enjoy the books of the Apocrypha, and the Bible’s magnum opus of Revelation if for nothing else than interesting stories. Even some of the tenants like an emphasis on strong family bonds and moral stature I can resonate with, but in terms of a giant omnipresent entity that created everything yet loves us unconditionally watching our every move from unseen planes, yeah, I don’t know about that.

I still don’t ascribe to a singular religious doctrine, but knowing what I know now… well, let’s just say the title of atheist would be a little disingenuous. Staking my flag in that camp would contradict all my principals of the scientific method and firsthand observation. Try as I may, I cannot in good faith deny or refute what I myself witnessed. Calling whatever we discovered ‘god’ may prove a bit remedial or inaccurate, but there is no denying it, we found something.

Science has at times become this sort of monolithic and infallible institution. One that suffers from the ostracization of fringe concepts that fail to breach the egotistic blockade. It is all too often wielded as a trump card to negate all that doesn’t assimilate to the prevailing narrative. Too often outlandish claims are torn asunder because no metrics exist to properly digest them.

For all the good it has brought, science is still not and will never be an absolute. Nothing is. Absence of proof, is not proof of absence. And what happened out there, in that lab deep below the frozen streets of Stockholm now stands as a testament in my life, to all the ventures humanity has yet to embark upon. It serves as an anchor, and if ever I find myself drifting away into the blissful seas of cognitive dissonance, it is there to remind me how small and naïve I truly am.

I graduated from UCLA with a Bachelor’s in physics, and an incredible opportunity landed in my lap. One of my professors had put in a good word for me, and I was contacted by a lab out of Stockholm and offered an internship. They were apparently impressed with my thesis which delved into the topic of string theory and mathematic application to universal process. I of course accepted the offer without a moment’s hesitation.

From there I uprooted my Californian lifestyle to move halfway around the world to the frigid north of Sweden. I was not prepared for the cold. Most of my summers were spent in a bikini, frolicking on the sandy beaches of Santa Monica and lounging in the sun. Sweden might as well have been another planet. Temperatures would plummet to a bone-chilling negative 30 in the winter. Luckily for me though, I had a marvelous host family who helped me acclimate myself and integrate into Valhalla.

Thank you!
1over137
Technical Admin
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: When Science Found God

Post by 1over137 »

Hi David,

welcome to the forum.
So, you are scientist somewhere in Sweden?
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

click on his username and then there is option:
Email address: Send email to david77 - click on it

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

I did email him. Because he's on these fantasy blog sites, I didn't know if we should allow his posts - he's posted the same thing in other places. I asked him why he posted here.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

I was not the one who approved the post :)

#foreverinmyheart