Someone Help Me Explain To My Friend God Is Real

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
iiPeepingLuke
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes

Someone Help Me Explain To My Friend God Is Real

Post by iiPeepingLuke »

My friend is 14 years old and is an atheist. I try to explain to him God is real and he will go to hell but ignores me or interrupts me. Can someone help me what to say to him so he won't go to hell?
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Someone Help Me Explain To My Friend God Is Real

Post by Philip »

PeepingLuke, welcome to the discussion forum og Godandscience.org!

As for your friend, tell him a huge amount of evidences and answers to his doubts about God can be found starting on this page:http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/answers.html

Also, if he's serious about getting to the truth of the matter, he is welcome to bring his tough questions and beliefs to join us in our discussion forum - and he can sign up here:
https://discussions.godandscience.org

Please come back and send your friend here as well!

Philip
claysmithr
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by claysmithr »

https://bibleevidences.com/ -- Good site

On the philosophical side, the universe itself seems filled with a very fine tuned level of design, from the solar system to the star systems to a single cell filled with DNA. I mean just look at it.

claysmithr
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by claysmithr »

You also have the problem of, what created the universe? You can only go back so far until you eventually reach the unmoved mover, the first cause, God the rock, on which everything else is founded on.

The real problem most athiests will have to get over is that it ultimately comes down to child like faith, which God requires as the way fallen man is saved. If Jesus himself was on the earth athiests as a whole would still disbelieve.
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by bippy123 »

iiPeepingLuke wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:09 pm My friend is 14 years old and is an atheist. I try to explain to him God is real and he will go to hell but ignores me or interrupts me. Can someone help me what to say to him so he won't go to hell?
Luke why not bring your friend here and we can hash out what problems he has as far as God’s existence.