Aliens?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Aliens?

Post by UsagiTsukino »

If aliens exist how would this chance the bible? Than again we know God created the universe.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Male

Re: Aliens?

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

UsagiTsukino wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:51 pm If aliens exist how would this chance the bible? Than again we know God created the universe.
I'm certain there are other life forms out there, some of which are probably Earth based. Such as germs on Mars.
I assume you mean intelligent aliens and if they do exist in this realm it wouldn't change much. Other beings exist in other realms such as heaven, that doesn't change anything.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Usaki, read this post: viewtopic.php?p=241388#p241388

Also, as the vast distances and obstacles to any intelligent aliens visiting or contacting us - the universe is so vast, it could well be that any other beings in the universe are so far away that we will never encounter them. Scripture doesn't address such other creatures. And so their reality or non-existence all comes down to whether or not God put other life forms in other places in the universe. He could have, but Scripture is silent about it. And if He has put other life forms somewhere, it is quite possible that because of the vast distances we'll never encounter or hear from them, God saw no reason to tell us about them - as Scripture is only aimed at mankind on earth (what God sees as important to reveal to us). OR, perhaps earth life is all the life in the universe?

Let's also not forget that God is an ETERNAL Being Who desires to utilize the creative aspect of Who He is. And that He never changes. Are we to believe that before THIS time and universe that God, Who never changes, hasn't been eternally creating forever? Whether in other dimensions or times? Whether physical or spiritual ones? Who knows how many universes or created realities God made before THIS one. Something to think about. But we just can't know more than the fact that God is a creative Being who is eternal - and that suggests many things we can't currently know about. So, we could be the only physical, intelligent things in the universe OR there might be others we can't currently know about (cause God hasn't told us and the distances are too vast for communication). Again, we can't go beyond what Scripture teaches us.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

UsagiTsukino wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:51 pm If aliens exist how would this chance the bible? Than again we know God created the universe.
I'm not getting the connection. If sentient alien life exists, or has existed in the past, how would that change the Bible?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

If by aliens you mean non-human life forms NOT of this Planet, then the bible DOES speak of them - Angels and Demons ( to use common words).
If you mean simply life on other planets then all that would mean is that God created life elsewhere.
Why not?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

PaulSacramento wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:49 am If by aliens you mean non-human life forms NOT of this Planet, then the bible DOES speak of them - Angels and Demons ( to use common words).
If you mean simply life on other planets then all that would mean is that God created life elsewhere.
Why not?
Then that does change the Bible, right? Nephilim now means demon/human hybrid.
:pound:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

RickD wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:57 pm
PaulSacramento wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:49 am If by aliens you mean non-human life forms NOT of this Planet, then the bible DOES speak of them - Angels and Demons ( to use common words).
Why not?
Then that does change the Bible, right? Nephilim now means demon/human hybrid.
:pound:
I am only speaking in the common man vernacular.
Peasant.
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member
Sex: Female

Post by UsagiTsukino »

Why I asked if this changes the bible. IF they teach their religion. How do we know if there religion matches our religion? Would God have some other plans for then?
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

UsagiTsukino wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:07 pm Why I asked if this changes the bible. IF they teach their religion. How do we know if there religion matches our religion? Would God have some other plans for then?
We have a lot (hundred's ?) of different religions on earth. I reckon finding a match wouldn't be too hard. y:-?

As far as Christianity goes, it seems reasonable to assume that when the minds of the people (for any inhabited planet) reach a certain stage of development, then the Christ will appear (incarnate) as one of their own, show them 'the way, the truth and the life' and then, most likely, sacrifice himself in some way as to show them that he is the way to get back to the father (salvation).
Last edited by LittleHamster on Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

UsagiTsukino wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:07 pm Why I asked if this changes the bible. IF they teach their religion. How do we know if there religion matches our religion? Would God have some other plans for then?
I would agree with you. If there are other intelligent beings somewhere, God would have to have another plan for them other than salvation by Grace, through faith in Christ.

-Edward R Murrow

LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

RickD wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:31 pm
I would agree with you. If there are other intelligent beings somewhere, God would have to have another plan for them other than salvation by Grace, through faith in Christ.
/cheap sarcasm
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

LittleHamster wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:44 pm
/cheap sarcasm
No. Actually, I was completely serious.

-Edward R Murrow

LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

RickD wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:46 pm
LittleHamster wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:44 pm
/cheap sarcasm
No. Actually, I was completely serious.
:shock:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I'm confused by your bewilderment, Hamster.

Christ's sacrifice was once and for all. "All" meaning mankind. Not alienkind.

And let me clarify what I said here:
What I mean is that if the these beings exist, and they are offered salvation for sins, it would have to be something other than Christ's sacrifice.

There are a lot of "ifs".

If sentient beings exist.

If they sin.

If they are offered salvation by Grace, for that sin.

-Edward R Murrow

LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

RickD wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:21 pm I'm confused by your bewilderment, Hamster.

Christ's sacrifice was once and for all. "All" meaning mankind. Not alienkind.

And let me clarify what I said here:
What I mean is that if the these beings exist, and they are offered salvation for sins, it would have to be something other than Christ's sacrifice.

There are a lot of "ifs".

If sentient beings exist.

If they sin.

If they are offered salvation by Grace, for that sin.
Does that mean you agree with idea that Christ can offer himself up for sacrifice on another planet (or on many other planets for that matter) just as he did on our planet ? I.e. the same plan he implemented for us on earth is the same plan he will implement for other (humanoids) on other planets (if they exist).

- ( I thought that you were trying to say that God will implement a different plan ???)