1) Cult-like?? What makes you say something like that. From the get-go you are insulting him without good reason. You make that assertion about him, but YOU seem to have a healthy dislike towards creationism or something with that attitude. What's wrong with teaching creationism as part of your ministry work?RickD wrote: ↑Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:04 pmLet's see if I can list some of the things I found wrong in only the first 4 1/2 minutes of the first video. I'll try to quote as best I can, but I wrote down the quotes as I was listening to the video. I'll put the time that each quote appeared in the video.
1) :35 mark:
He said he's a "teaching missionary talking about the truths of creation vs evolution."
He hits us right off the bat, with the cult like belief system he's going to try to indoctrinate us with. I'm not sure that Christian missionaries are supposed to teach creationism. I thought the mission of a missionary, was to preach the gospel.
2) :55 mark
"Evolutionists say that we are just the result of a cosmic accident. That we are just thinking animals without design or purpose."
Some evolutionists may say that, but it's not what all evolutionists believe. And it certainly isn't part of what evolution is about. This is a logical fallacy, called poisoning the well.
3) 1:22 mark
"...and the assumption of an old age of the earth and the universe."
Misleading. People who believe in an old earth and universe, have no evidence, but merely assume an old age?
4) 1:55 mark
"Evolutionists have no proof that the earth is millions and billions of years old. They simply claim it."
Again, misleading. Does he seriously believe that first, anyone studying the age of the earth thinks that science could possibly "prove" the age of the earth? This guy is really supposed to be a scientist, and he doesn't know that? And second, scientists simply claim that the earth is billions of years old, without evidence?
5) 3:15 mark
"Is there anything about a rock that'll tell you how old it is? Is there anything about the size, feel, shape, taste,...that will tell you how old it is?"
Does he seriously not realize how scientists measure the age of a rock?
6) 4:20 mark
"Supposedly this Big Bang occurred some perhaps 20 billion years ago..."
13.8 billion years ago. Not 20 billion. He's off by over 6 billion years, or over 40%. Not very scientific. Not very honest.
He says The Bible tells us the earth was created 6,000 years ago.
And he offers no proof of his assertion, whatsoever.
And then he goes into the idea that just because man has found a way to artificially form diamonds very quickly, that must mean that they naturally don't really take over a billion years to form.
2) Again you are clearly nitpicking and have a bias against this video from the get-go - CLEARLY he is talking about atheist evolutionists who hold to that view, and not theistic evolutionists. You clearly have an issue with the man or are unnecessarily nitpicking looking for faults.
3) Many assume an OEC view and many assume an YEC view.
4) Again, there is evidence for both views, so clearly he is expressing his own views.
5) Watch further, he goes into detail.
6) Does it really matter in terms of 6000 vs 20 billion/13.8 billion years? But I'm sure he will accept the correction if offered.
7) Well that is what happens when you go off half-cocked Rick. He goes into detail further in the video for why the earth is 6 000 years old. I suggest you watch the whole presentation before accusing someone of being misleading......
8 ) Well it certainly is proof that diamonds could take less time to form and that they don't have to take millions of years to form.