Radical possbilities of man-made DNA

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
1over137
Technical Admin
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Radical possbilities of man-made DNA

Post by 1over137 »

Throwing in some very interesting TED talk from November this year

Enjoy. :)
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Re: Radical possbilities of man-made DNA

Post by LittleHamster »

1over137 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:34 pm Throwing in some very interesting TED talk from November this year

Enjoy. :)
Awesome. I recall doing some DNA imaging using AFM way back in 2005?. I was finding it hard to get my head around the fact that a bunch on molecules could react/interact in such a way as to produce an entire human being !

Could the Holy Spirit and the Archangels be working behind the scenes? Luckily, I don't think it will be easy to prove that there is a connection between spirit and how it influences this world. Didn't Jesus say something about thanking God for keeping the secrets of the kingdom of God away from the learned men (can't recall the context of that or if it is relevant here)
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

This guy has no idea what dangers lie in what he's doing! As well, he's asserted what is only an assumption, that evolution has been optimizing the molecules of life for billions of years. But his team has merely synthesized from what already exists. This is the mentality of scientists who are willing to take risks that might produce catastrophic results.
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

Philip wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:12 pm This guy has no idea what dangers lie in what he's doing! As well, he's asserted what is only an assumption, that evolution has been optimizing the molecules of life for billions of years. But his team has merely synthesized from what already exists. This is the mentality of scientists who are willing to take risks that might produce catastrophic results.

Way too late for that Mr Philip. Chinese researcher already makes the worlds first gene edited twin babies....
https://www.apnews.com/4997bb7aa36c45449b488e19ac83e86d

When it comes moral, ethical, health, medical, religious or human rights issues on this particular subject, I don't reckon the Chinese will be listening with any great degree of concern.
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

Note that there was a 'Professor Deem' who also took part in the work that altered the twins' genetics. Where have I heard that name before y:-?
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

double agent :)

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

Warning ! Extreme Cuteness !

Genetic mutation gives Pikachu the possum gold pass to a safer life (https://www.theage.com.au/national/vict ... 50jic.html)

1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

quote from the articles:

"Dr Handasyde said not many golden possums are seen in the wild, as those born with the mutation do not always live long."

#foreverinmyheart
claysmithr
Valued Member
Sex: Male

Post by claysmithr »

lol, scientists don't even know how to make drugs without side effects, let alone DNA modification, except it would suck to be born a failed science experiment