living on other planets

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

living on other planets

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Some people say it's un-biblical for people to live on other planets like Mars.
But I remember a bible verse that says the angels will take the elect from the ends of heaven, not the ends of earth, at the 2nd coming. Why would this be so if everyone was on earth?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: living on other planets

Post by RickD »

I think this is the verse you are referring to. It's Mark 13:27:
27 And then He will send forth the angels, and will gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest end of the earth to the farthest end of heaven.

I think it's now officially safe for you to move to mars.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

I think it is because the bible places and new heaven and earth. And the earth being renewed. So in one way they believe they'd be left out if they moved to some other planet. However # if humanity survives its folly then perhaps someday we would have to move to some other planet# not necessarily mars.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

RickD wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:58 pm I think this is the verse you are referring to. It's Mark 13:27:
27 And then He will send forth the angels, and will gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest end of the earth to the farthest end of heaven.

Haha, yea that's it. Why the need for the heaven bit? I get that it means everywhere, but something else about it seems to say that other people will be on different planets/moons. At the least, it hints it. Seeing how technology is now, it wouldn't surprise me.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

RickD wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:58 pm I think this is the verse you are referring to. It's Mark 13:27:

let me get some green cheese while im at that. want some?