God/Christianity and Science is there a real conflict?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
JediMasterAaron
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

God/Christianity and Science is there a real conflict?

Post by JediMasterAaron »

It's something I've heard time and time again, and I used to be convinced it was true. Now, not so much, but I still wonder if there is some if any truth to the claim. With the ultimate claim being that science has already disproven God's existence. I will say I'm not an expert on any scientific theories, laws, etc. So if I come off as ignorant please forgive me.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Re: God/Christianity and Science is there a real conflict?

Post by melanie »

Hi Aaron
Just a quick response as I'm not the best person to answer your question, there are some guys on here who have pretty extensive knowledge on the scientific side of things but science doesn't disprove God nor should it pretend too. By that token science neither proves God.
The logical fallacy; it is assumed to be true because it has not yet been proved false or a proposition is assumed to be false because it has not yet been proved true.
Science has not through any new theory disproved God, it has questioned some religious beliefs, it has brought up some thought provoking refutations of some religious text in regards to specific lines of thinking ie; age of the earth, genealogy but science has not disproved the existence God.
Even in the study of evolution the question of emergence of consciousness is not so readily known, of course there are theories but humans are quite distinguishable from other animals in our consciousness.
Science does as much to prove God as disprove; there are some great articles on this site
But faith remains as it always has and is intended to be and that is through a spiritual connection. The mere fact that we are even wired to ponder the existence of God is indicative of a consciousness that science may have theories for but does little to explain.
JediMasterAaron
Familiar Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: God/Christianity and Science is there a real conflict?

Post by JediMasterAaron »

Thanks Melanie, your answer definitely helped!