is AIG an objective and reliable source for science?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

is AIG an objective and reliable source for science?

Post by Audie »

It appears to me their approach is anti science, the opposite of science.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: is AIG an objective and reliable source for science?

Post by Kurieuo »

"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Ah, dueling websites! Or thst a gish?

Wanna speak for yourself?

Why not judt link ye bible?
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

y:-/2
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

I refer to the AIG that putd conclusion first.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Everyone, all sides, does confirmation bias. I don't like singling out AiG anymore, because it's really old news to me. But yet, it's open/shut case in my opinion that they take it to new levels in trying to force science into their beliefs. Even Scripture is largely read first having their interpretation of it, which is planted in churches, Sunday schools and what-not, and then a person comes to Scripture already "knowing" what it says and means. Just like the science. AiG aren't alone, RTB are really bad at reading science into Scripture too, but at least such a truth source, I feel, is taken more seriously.
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Kurieuo wrote:Everyone, all sides, does confirmation bias. I don't like singling out AiG anymore, because it's really old news to me. But yet, it's open/shut case in my opinion that they take it to new levels in trying to force science into their beliefs. Even Scripture is largely read first having their interpretation of it, which is planted in churches, Sunday schools and what-not, and then a person comes to Scripture already "knowing" what it says and means. Just like the science. AiG aren't alone, RTB are really bad at reading science into Scripture too, but at least such a truth source, I feel, is taken more seriously.

Say whatcha will, it is at least an ideal in science to be objective. And, more ,it is self protection
for researchers who dont want to make fools of themselves.

For AIG, the highest value is fidelity to preconceived ideas.

Which may be fine; but such is rightly viewed as the opposite of science,
and anything from such a source gets no respect from those who understand and value
science for what it is

If a study has merit, it can be found elsewhere. Dont link to a creosite if you wsnt
an articke to be read by anyone butbthe choir.

The "creosites" seem genrrally the refuge and purview
of corrupt scientists like k wise, or complete whack jobs like ron wyatt.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Audie wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:Everyone, all sides, does confirmation bias. I don't like singling out AiG anymore, because it's really old news to me. But yet, it's open/shut case in my opinion that they take it to new levels in trying to force science into their beliefs. Even Scripture is largely read first having their interpretation of it, which is planted in churches, Sunday schools and what-not, and then a person comes to Scripture already "knowing" what it says and means. Just like the science. AiG aren't alone, RTB are really bad at reading science into Scripture too, but at least such a truth source, I feel, is taken more seriously.

Say whatcha will, it is at least an ideal in science to be objective. And, more ,it is self protection
The biggest lie fallen for, is that science is objective. Rather, science is a subjective pursuit of knowledge where rational subjects (i.e., us) experience and attempt to explain such in a logical manner. And as such, science can and always will only be subjective no matter what an objectivist might think to the contrary.

Regarding "say whatcha will" did you not read my views align to yours anyhow re: AiG. So again, I'm confused. y:-/
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Kurieuo wrote:
Audie wrote:

The biggest lie fallen for, is that science is objective. Rather, science is a subjective pursuit of knowledge where rational subjects (i.e., us) experience and attempt to explain such in a logical manner. And as such, science can and always will only be subjective no matter what an objectivist might think to the contrary.

Regarding "say whatcha will" did you not read my views align to yours anyhow re: AiG. So again, I'm confused. y:-/

The attempt to be objective is a highest value. I dont know who said or believes the "lie" you refer to.

AIG does the opposite. That is the difference to be noted with regards to
your "everyone does confirmation bias".
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

That is a true statement though, everyone does do confirmation bias. Did you read the rest of my post?
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Kurieuo wrote:That is a true statement though, everyone does do confirmation bias. Did you read the rest of my post?
Yeah, but, well never mind.

One thing that puzzles me a little, is how so many people can be satisfied to to to a "site" in the first place, knowing its purpose it to promote some ideology.

The purpose of AIG is anti science, opposite of science, and opposite of objectivity. (in case any lurkarians didnt get that)
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

Audie -- everyone is promoting Some ideology. You and I happen to 'promote' opposing ideologies. The various sites We would be visiting would be in opposition to each other in some points. I visit a variety of sites to get information -- that doesn't mean I agree with everything I read.
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

crochet1949 wrote:Audie -- everyone is promoting Some ideology.

Oh?
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

Audie wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:Audie -- everyone is promoting Some ideology.

Oh?
Could you expound a bit?