One more reason to think a belief in a God is delusional...

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: One more reason to think a belief in a God is delusional...

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:Got more likes than anything you've posted recently Rick. :poke:
I have to admit that I did like the post. It reminded me of a joke...
“I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in my body. Then I realized who was telling me this.”
Emo Philips
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
MBPrata
Established Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by MBPrata »

So, what neurology is doing is telling us not to trust our brains.
I wonder what organ the neurologists are using to come to that conclusion, certainly can't be the brain because if so, they can't trust their conclusions...
I know that. Actually, since I was born, the thing I found more often around me has been contradictions. And contradictions are such weird things, especially when they come from Nature. The very existence of contradictions sometimes makes me believe that there's no God, everything is just as freaking absurd as contradictions themselves. Sometimes...other times, contradictions just make me believe I'm becoming insane.

Well, neurologists may not be able to trust their conclusions...but, as we know, if they can't, neither do every other scientist. From the moment we think we can't trust our brain, we can't trust reality. And I guess every single person has reasons not to trust his/her brain (dreams, hallucionations, false memories...)
Disciplical
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Disciplical »

MBPrata,

what contradictions do you find so weird and bizarre?
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

RickD wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:So, what neurology is doing is telling us not to trust our brains.
I wonder what organ the neurologists are using to come to that conclusion, certainly can't be the brain because if so, they can't trust their conclusions...
You haven't posted in over a month, and that's the best you've got? :wave:

Welcome back Paulo!!

Good to be back bro.
RockyMidnight
Acquainted Member

Post by RockyMidnight »

PaulSacramento wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:22 am So, what neurology is doing is telling us not to trust our brains.
Isn't the obvious so mystifying to those of us credited with the most intellect? Neuroscience needs to communicate with Quantum science. They just may find out there is no brain until it is observed, as a recent experiment in Australia has confirmed....again. Obviously, if matter only exists as physical when observed, it is totally dependent upon consciousness for existence. How then can a brain made of the same matter exist without first being observed? Love the irony! :pound:
Great "observation" Paul!
Cheers