Neil deGrasse Tyson's fall from Grace

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Rob
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Neil deGrasse Tyson's fall from Grace

Post by Rob »

Interesting article about Tyson's fabrications:

http://thefederalist.com/2014/09/18/why ... brication/

I remember checking out the first episode of Tyson's rebirth of Sagan's famous Cosmos series and it was chock-full of historical inaccuracies in an attempt to paint religion as the eternal enemy of reason.
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Neil deGrasse Tyson's fall from Grace

Post by Audie »

Rob wrote:Interesting article about Tyson's fabrications:

I remember checking out the first episode of Tyson's rebirth of Sagan's famous Cosmos series and it was chock-full of historical inaccuracies in an attempt to paint religion as the eternal enemy of reason.
For a less breathless and conspiracy minded account one might look at this Washington Post article:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volo ... p-stories/

I dont watch his show, nor look to and of the pop media for either information or ways of thinking.

I wouldnt know who he speaks for other than himself.

In general, I'd say that a scientist who is careless with his sources, presents an agenda of any sort, and is disinclined to admit error is a poor person to be representing anything about science.
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by bippy123 »

Rob wrote:Interesting article about Tyson's fabrications:

Rob why did you have to bring this info to my attention , my whole world has been shattered . You don't know how much sadness and grief this brings to my heart :crying:

Back to reality. While neil tyson is a good astrophysicist , and I've heard his lectures on possible asteroid collisions with earth as I have been following the apophis asteroid for a while , he is an infantile baby when it comes to his philsophical assertions.

Even most newbie intelligent design advocates could utterly destroy his "bad design" arguments against God and intelligent design.

Unfortunately now the pro materialistic paradigm will have to find a new robot to parade their talking points around .

Tsk tsk tsk what a sad day indeed .... For atheists that is lol
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Don't know who the guy is, but sounds like he was respected within the religious cult of scientism.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by bippy123 »

Kurieuo wrote:Don't know who the guy is, but sounds like he was respected within the religious cult of scientism.
Yep and his goal was that 100% of the national Academy of Sciences should be atheists.
RockyMidnight
Acquainted Member

Post by RockyMidnight »

Galatians 6:7 KJV -
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Thank you Jesus!!!