Evidence for theistic evolution

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
jpbg33
Senior Member
Posts: 608
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:04 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Evidence for theistic evolution

#181

Post by jpbg33 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:00 pm

The bible say Satan can come to us as an angel of light "2Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. ".

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21720
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 1120 times

Re: Evidence for theistic evolution

#182

Post by RickD » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:08 pm

jpbg33 wrote:The bible say Satan can come to us as an angel of light "2Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. ".
I'm sure it was God. I thought about it for a long time.

It was God because
1) He knew my name, and He said he was God.

2) I never met the devil, so he doesn't know my name

3) he was wearing a white robe and looked like this:
Image
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21720
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 1120 times

Re: Evidence for theistic evolution

#183

Post by RickD » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:19 pm

And I also knew it wasn't the devil because I did my research. The bible says in 1 Peter5:8

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

And there was no lion in my vision. It was just a big man in a white robe who called himself God. And if he says he is God, who am I to call God a liar.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

jpbg33
Senior Member
Posts: 608
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:04 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Evidence for theistic evolution

#184

Post by jpbg33 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:19 pm

then it wasn't God

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21720
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 1120 times

Re: Evidence for theistic evolution

#185

Post by RickD » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:21 pm

jpbg33 wrote:then it wasn't God
How can you say that? He was definitely God. He looked exactly like that picture of God that I posted. But his beard was shorter, and his hair wasn't as messy.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3053
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:54 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: UK
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 340 times

Re: Evidence for theistic evolution

#186

Post by Storyteller » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:21 pm

He was obviously out to impress then Rick.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21720
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 1120 times

Re: Evidence for theistic evolution

#187

Post by RickD » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:25 pm

Storyteller wrote:He was obviously out to impress then Rick.
Not sure Annette.

I just think there wasn't a lot of wind in my vision, to mess his hair. The only wind was when God told me about Panspermia, and how life seeds blew to earth. Which is how life here started.

Frankly, I was humbled by the fact that God would entrust me with the meaning of life on earth.

I"m just a poor farmer from kentucky, with a third grade education.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3053
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:54 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: UK
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 340 times

Re: Evidence for theistic evolution

#188

Post by Storyteller » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:29 pm

Are you sure He didnt sneeze on you? If He did youre in for an almighty case of flu.

Actually, if He did, that means we are all just Gods snot...
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21720
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 1120 times

Re: Evidence for theistic evolution

#189

Post by RickD » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:31 pm

Storyteller wrote:Are you sure He didnt sneeze on you? If He did youre in for an almighty case of flu.

Actually, if He did, that means we are all just Gods snot...
Annette,

I don't find it amusing that you are mocking my vision! God entrusted a poor farmer from Tennessee, with the meaning of life, and all you can do is mock? I'm ashamed that half of my ancestry is English!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3053
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:54 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: UK
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 340 times

Re: Evidence for theistic evolution

#190

Post by Storyteller » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:33 pm

Aw, Rick.

It's just my interpretation.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran

Audie
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3502
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:41 am
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Location: USA
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 113 times

Re: Evidence for theistic evolution

#191

Post by Audie » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:26 pm

jpbg33 wrote:The bible say Satan can come to us as an angel of light "2Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. ".
People see me, they see an angel of light.

User avatar
Byblos
Old School
Posts: 6028
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:21 pm
Christian: Yes
Location: NY
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 143 times

Re: Evidence for theistic evolution

#192

Post by Byblos » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:47 pm

RickD wrote:
Storyteller wrote:Are you sure He didnt sneeze on you? If He did youre in for an almighty case of flu.

Actually, if He did, that means we are all just Gods snot...
Annette,

I don't find it amusing that you are mocking my vision! God entrusted a poor farmer from Tennessee, with the meaning of life, and all you can do is mock? I'm ashamed that half of my ancestry is English!
I thought it was Kentucky.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21720
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 1120 times

Re: Evidence for theistic evolution

#193

Post by RickD » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:04 pm

Byblos wrote:
RickD wrote:
Storyteller wrote:Are you sure He didnt sneeze on you? If He did youre in for an almighty case of flu.

Actually, if He did, that means we are all just Gods snot...
Annette,

I don't find it amusing that you are mocking my vision! God entrusted a poor farmer from Tennessee, with the meaning of life, and all you can do is mock? I'm ashamed that half of my ancestry is English!
I thought it was Kentucky.
It was a little rural town on the border.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4964
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 168 times

Re: Evidence for theistic evolution

#194

Post by abelcainsbrother » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:36 pm

jpbg33 wrote:There is no biblical prof of any former world at all. People try to say that when the bible said the earth was void and with out form that it is evidence that the earth was there and God destroy it and started over. The is really just nonsense. The bible says that in the beginning God created the earth and the earth was void and with out form. That was God saying that earth was the first thing he made that he had not put any thing no it yet or shaped it in any way. Then he divides the waters from the land then he starts making every thing else. he wasn't about making something from destruction but about making something from nothing. the bible proves evolution wrong when it says God created everything that was made and that he didn't use evolution to do it. He made everything after its kind. The bible has never been proven wrong and evolution has many times that is why they keep changing how they thing things come about. And the only reason that they say it is the best theory is because one they do not wont to believe in God and tow the bible is not a theory but it is fact and people have proven there is a God. it is not that we haven't proven that there is a God but that people don't wont to believe in God so any time we prove there is a God they say that it isn't prof of God when it is.
You may need to review how I have backed up a former world existing that perished from reading the bible.Dan has heard this is why I addressed it to him.I feel you are jumping in without understanding context of why I think like I do about a former world existing and you fail to see the evidence that backs it up too,this is because you really only know about young earth creationism and so you interpret the bible the way you do because you ignore bible scriptures that I don't ignore but you do and this causes you to interpret it the way you do. Read 2nd Peter 3:5-7 and tell me what world perished.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4964
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 168 times

Re: Evidence for theistic evolution

#195

Post by abelcainsbrother » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:51 pm

Audie wrote:
jpbg33 wrote:If being a God is not proof of evolution but that the bible is real. What is the difference in a horse five thousand years ago then a horse to day. The way horse are being bred doesn't count that is not by natural process.
Of course, but did you know horses have bones of three toes? Odd..

Did you know earlier horses walked on three toes, each with, yes, hooves?

There are skeletons of every stage from a little 5 toed forest animal up
thru bigger ones with fewer toes and teeth better suited to grass eating,
to today's horse, who still carries a bit of its ancestors' 3 toed feet.

Its so plain a child can see it. Its pretty cool, really, I hope you get interested.
Best wishes..!
Them horses lived in the former world until they died,then when God created this world and the horses in this world he gave them hooves,that was easy,your looking at it all wrong.This is evidence that God made beasts of the field after their kind.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

Post Reply