Possibly the earliest new testament manuscript discovered.

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
cubeus19
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Possibly the earliest new testament manuscript discovered.

Post by cubeus19 »

Tina
Established Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Possibly the earliest new testament manuscript discovere

Post by Tina »

That's awesome =D
"Love others as I have loved you." -Jesus Christ
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

It certainly is cool, I love it how this stuff pops up when things seem a little bleak.

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:It certainly is cool, I love it how this stuff pops up when things seem a little bleak.

Dan
How so? According to this article all previously recovered papyri have always confirmed what is written in the New Testament.
Unless of course you're just commenting on things in general, in which case just ignore me :wave:
How do these manuscripts change what we believe the original New Testament to say? We will have to wait until they are published next year, but for now we can most likely say this: As with all the previously published New Testament papyri (127 of them, published in the last 116 years), not a single new reading has commended itself as authentic. Instead, the papyri function to confirm what New Testament scholars have already thought was the original wording or, in some cases, to confirm an alternate reading—but one that is already found in the manuscripts.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Yea just making a general comment.
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:It certainly is cool, I love it how this stuff pops up when things seem a little bleak.

Dan
That's just because you live in Australia. :poke:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:

Dan
That's just because you live in Australia. :poke:
y[-X
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

I take offence to that too, RickD! >.>
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!