Technically you can't be an atheist

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Technically you can't be an atheist

Post by Gman »

Technically speaking, there is no 100 percent scientific proof that God doesn't exist. However you could argue that the weight of the scientific evidence supports the evolutionary belief system. But even if you wanted to go that route, you still can't divorce God out of the evolutionary model either. Therefore you are stuck. :eugeek:

Scientist’s present scientific results to themselves and to the public and there is a weight of evidence that accumulates in favor for or against some hypothesis or theory. Scientists then go with the most plausible explanation with a known set of facts. Science can also speak to means or plausible means where the evidence itself is lacking. From most observable evidence, most biologists accept evolution through natural selection as the most plausible and best explanation for life. There are no known controversies with it in the scientific communities. But then again we are only talking about weights and measures.. Technically speaking however there is no solid proof that God does not exist even from the scientific communities.

What am I saying here? That whether you take the stance that God does or does not exist, or say that you are an atheist, you will have to take it on faith.

In other words, choose your faith wisely.. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out.. y[-(
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
MrRoboto
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Technically you can't be an atheist

Post by MrRoboto »

Just speaking for myself, when I consider the universe had a beginning like the Bible and science claims and all of the evidence that supports intelligent design I have no problem accepting that God exists on a completely logical level. Of course I had (and still have) faith that God exists even before I came to this logical conclusion. I think it is perfectly logical to say there is a God because I believe it in my heart. As human beings I think we have intuitive abilities that can't be explained scientifically.
spartanII
Established Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Technically you can't be an atheist

Post by spartanII »

Well it'd be really hard to be an atheist that believes everything is matter. Atheism is a belief system/concepts. Concepts aren't material. Therefore that atheist can't believe his/her belief system. Or have any knowledge at all considering knowledge is built up upon concepts. Concepts aren't material. :p
Atheist: "Science says it, I believe it, That settles it."