Arrogant atheist

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
jakobp
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes

Arrogant atheist

Post by jakobp »

http://pulse.yahoo.com/_4IFQ5JWPISU2CERB5LVI3N5GXU

So i saw i found this atheist on yahoo commenting on how he knows exactly how both life and earth arose. now, i not a genius on these subjects, but i do know that we don't know for sure how this things arose. maybe one of you guys, who spend more time with this kind of arrogant, cocky, atheists than i do, can put him in his place. i've seen many atheists, but this guy leaving comments as long as articles just kind of annoyed me. You can check his comments on the Star Wars planets article :)

Thanks!
La Volpe
Familiar Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Arrogant atheist

Post by La Volpe »

Atheists are arrogant and angry because they are ever trying to convince themselves that they are right. Atheists behaving like this one usually are hideously skeptical about athiesm but they don't want to convert because they'd seem weak so they rage and yell on message boards and yahoo to convince themselves. It's more of a pyschological issue than anything I think
People will believe anything if you whisper it.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Murray »

La Volpe wrote:Atheists are arrogant and angry because they are ever trying to convince themselves that they are right. Atheists behaving like this one usually are hideously skeptical about athiesm but they don't want to convert because they'd seem weak so they rage and yell on message boards and yahoo to convince themselves. It's more of a pyschological issue than anything I think

ohhh man yahoo is like Disney land for atheist. Anything that has anything remotely to do with god, science, or republicans and they are on it in a blink of an eye.
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

And I read that guys comment, very hateful, rude, and like half of the comments are calling people "retarted".

What a loving religon atheism is :amen:
alex1
Newbie Member

Post by alex1 »

I'd like to see him come defend those views here :) someone invite him pls :pound:
Reactionary
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Reactionary »

alex1 wrote:I'd like to see him come defend those views here :) someone invite him pls :pound:
I suggest taking a look at this thread - one of my favourites: :ebiggrin:
http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... 9&start=15
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

What's worse, is that when I find they're not being arrogant, they're being incredibly presumptive and condescending. Not to mention half of them don't know what they're talking about. :shock:
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

95% of atheist are parrots who cannot think for themselves.
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

Murray wrote:95% of atheist are parrots who cannot think for themselves.
O.O I LOVE the term "parrots" for this. Oh my gosh, it's so beyond true. I just recently said that an atheist I'm dealing with always sounds like he's repeating someone else's words....OH. OH THE BRILLIANCE.
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
Lily Rose
Newbie Member
Christian: No

Post by Lily Rose »

I still cannot believe how can somebody claim to KNOW all that stuff! It's beyond me!
Choose the best brain supplements for you!
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Hi lily :wave: Welcome to the board. Could you please point out what are referring to when you said " KNOW all that stuff"?
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

neo-x wrote:Hi lily :wave: Welcome to the board. Could you please point out what are referring to when you said " KNOW all that stuff"?

You used to be able to follow the link and see the guys comments, but yahoo changed and you can't do that anymore. I think he was claiming that we know for fact how the universe began, how life began, ect...
amann
Newbie Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by amann »

i stumbled across this forum and saw the bashing of atheism or those who do not fully subscribe to Christianity. Well you said you wanted one to come and reply, here i am. im going to post a quote of myself from a conversation i recently had and then i will address each individual in the forum, here it goes.

"lawrence, are you saying that a 2,000 year old text which we cannot factually verify, dont know who actually wrote it, and half of the book is nothing but an angry vengeful man in the sky who enjoys long walks through eden and the torture and sacrifice of his own creations is less flawed at explaining the natural world than science as a whole?? HA, stop being a sheep and be a shepard. you need a reality check dude. "the majority is assumed" you say? thats not the case at all, if you knew anything about science you would know that anything can be simulated with mathematical formulas, and you would know that science is moving very fast tword trying to understand the natural world around us. We have already come so far. just a few hundred years ago the general consensus was the world was flat, the earth was the center of the universe, and the earth as a whole was only a few 1,000 years old. we now know how ignorant the people were, the quest for knowledge and truth is the key here. you can read a book, take it to heart in the most literal way possible, and think you have all the answers (a sheep) or you can go out and learn about things from multiple sources like the higgs bosen, string theory, evolution, ect. and decide what you believe not from a book but from your own mind (a Shepard)"

@Murray i can say the same about Christianity.
@StMonicaGuideMe YOU are repeating someone else's words, the closed minded-ness and intolerance is atrocious but also kind of humorous because you are only discrediting yourself.
@Lily rose I dont understand how you can also claim to know everything just because you read a book and subscribe to what it says...
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DannyM »

amann wrote:i stumbled across this forum and saw the bashing of atheism or those who do not fully subscribe to Christianity. Well you said you wanted one to come and reply, here i am. im going to post a quote of myself from a conversation i recently had and then i will address each individual in the forum, here it goes.
Sounds promising.
"lawrence, are you saying that a 2,000 year old text which we cannot factually verify, dont know who actually wrote it,

Not a good start, my atheist friend.

The earliest manuscript evidence we have for Jesus' existence dates to within 10s of years of His death. This stands in complete contrast to other ancient figures. Evidence for Plato, for example, dates to as ’early’ as 1300 years after his death. Do you believe Plato existed? Do you dispute the authorship of Plato, or Caesar or Homer?

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetic ... PHyr6qkeTG
There are tens of thousands of manuscripts from the New Testament, in part or in whole, dating from the second century A.D. to the late fifteenth century, when the printing press was invented. These manuscripts have been found in Egypt, Palestine, Syria, Turkey, Greece, and Italy, making collusion unlikely. The oldest manuscript, the John Rylands manuscript, has been dated to 125 A.D. and was found in Egypt, some distance from where the New Testament was originally composed in Asia Minor.

Many early Christian papyri, discovered in 1935, have been dated to 150 A.D., and include the four gospels. The Papyrus Bodmer II, discovered in 1956, has been dated to 200 A.D., and contains 14 chapters and portions of the last seven chapters of the gospel of John. The Chester Beatty biblical papyri, discovered in 1931, has been dated to 200-250 A.D. and contains the Gospels, Acts, Paul's Epistles, and Revelation.

The number of manuscripts is extensive compared to other ancient historical writings, such as Caesar's "Gallic Wars" (10 Greek manuscripts, the earliest 950 years after the original), the "Annals" of Tacitus (2 manuscripts, the earliest 950 years after the original), Livy (20 manuscripts, the earliest 350 years after the original), and Plato (7 manuscripts).
amann wrote:and half of the book is nothing but an angry vengeful man in the sky who enjoys long walks through eden and the torture and sacrifice of his own creations

is less flawed at explaining the natural world than science as a whole??

1. Rhetorical only.

2. Please explain how science “explains the natural world as a whole”…
amann wrote: HA, stop being a sheep and be a shepard. you need a reality check dude. "the majority is assumed" you say? thats not the case at all, if you knew anything about science you would know that anything can be simulated with mathematical formulas, and you would know that science is moving very fast tword trying to understand the natural world around us.
Oh my - the old science-of-the-gaps is back! You’re not doing very well here, Mann.
amann wrote: We have already come so far. just a few hundred years ago the general consensus was the world was flat, the earth was the center of the universe, and the earth as a whole was only a few 1,000 years old.

we now know how ignorant the people were, the quest for knowledge and truth is the key here. you can read a book, take it to heart in the most literal way possible, and think you have all the answers (a sheep) or you can go out and learn about things from multiple sources like the higgs bosen, string theory, evolution, ect. and decide what you believe not from a book but from your own mind (a Shepard)"
1. Please provide documentation proving that “just a few hundred years ago the general consensus was the world was flat, the earth was the center of the universe, and the earth as a whole was only a few 1,000 years old.”

2. Rhetorical only.
amann wrote:@StMonicaGuideMe YOU are repeating someone else's words, the closed minded-ness and intolerance is atrocious but also kind of humorous because you are only discrediting yourself.
Mann, it is ironic that you should say this to sister Monica, because you have utterly discredited yourself with your very first post.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Rob
Valued Member

Post by Rob »

amann wrote:i stumbled across this forum and saw the bashing of atheism or those who do not fully subscribe to Christianity. Well you said you wanted one to come and reply, here i am. im going to post a quote of myself from a conversation i recently had and then i will address each individual in the forum, here it goes.

"lawrence, are you saying that a 2,000 year old text which we cannot factually verify, dont know who actually wrote it, and half of the book is nothing but an angry vengeful man in the sky who enjoys long walks through eden and the torture and sacrifice of his own creations is less flawed at explaining the natural world than science as a whole?? HA, stop being a sheep and be a shepard. you need a reality check dude. "the majority is assumed" you say? thats not the case at all, if you knew anything about science you would know that anything can be simulated with mathematical formulas, and you would know that science is moving very fast tword trying to understand the natural world around us. We have already come so far. just a few hundred years ago the general consensus was the world was flat, the earth was the center of the universe, and the earth as a whole was only a few 1,000 years old. we now know how ignorant the people were, the quest for knowledge and truth is the key here. you can read a book, take it to heart in the most literal way possible, and think you have all the answers (a sheep) or you can go out and learn about things from multiple sources like the higgs bosen, string theory, evolution, ect. and decide what you believe not from a book but from your own mind (a Shepard)"
LOL! I put my favorite parts of this little gem in bold.

Question: Was this an actual conversation or a bunch of youtube comments strung together?