unreasonablefaith.com

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
dorkmaster
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

unreasonablefaith.com

Post by dorkmaster »

I hope nobody has posted this yet, but has anyone seen this site? Any thoughts or opinions?
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Re: unreasonablefaith.com

Post by neo-x »

it is unreasonable :lol: frankly there are converts out of Christianity who always talk like this, nothing new. The big thing is that despite all his mumbo jumbo, of how he was a very active christian, he surely does not seem to know much. when someone says,
I do not believe in unicorns, ghosts, leprechauns, dragons, tooth-fairies, and many other things.
my general impression is, he never read the bible clearly (as I am sure it never talks about these things in particular) or never understood the true Word of God, Jesus Christ.

The fact is when you apply critical thinking to atheism, you only get denial to know a higher power. It is not enlightenment, simply denial.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Noah1201
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Post by Noah1201 »

neo-x wrote: my general impression is, he never read the bible clearly (as I am sure it never talks about these things in particular) or never understood the true Word of God, Jesus Christ.
:roll: He never says that this is what the Bible teaches.
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

I do not believe in unicorns, ghosts, leprechauns, dragons, tooth-fairies, and many other things
:brick: :beat:
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

DannyM wrote:
I do not believe in unicorns, ghosts, leprechauns, dragons, tooth-fairies, and many other things
:brick: :beat:
Yes.. I don't believe in Godless "chance" via evolution either. Did he mention hob-goblins too? You would think we were in Disneyland where magic rules.. :P
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
August
Old School

Post by August »

On a more serious note, people like this are almost always blissfully unaware of the disciplines required to gain a deep and fruitful understanding of Christianity, of the preconditions we need to meet and account for before we can even understand anything, and the incredible depth of Christian scholarship that exists, with just about more quality and quantity than any other single topic on the planet....yet we continue to be entertained by kindergarten atheists who breathlessly trot out arguments as if the whole body of theologians, philosophers, scientists and scholars have never heard of or seen said arguments, and addressed them ad nauseam.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
SnowDrops
Established Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by SnowDrops »

I found the site a couple of weeks ago. I think it should be called "A collection of standard false atheist converts arguments". Was rather interesting actually, in some sense. Nothing new though in terms of arguments.
The first step to learning is to admit that you don't know.