Laws of an Atheist Utopia

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Laws of an Atheist Utopia

Post by PaulSacramento »

The nazis were not above using ANYTHING to their end purpose.
Hitler was, at best, a pagan.
The roots of Nazi supremacy was pagan mythology ( though the ubermensch of Nitezhe played a par tin it).
What we must NEVER do is fall into a numbers game ( who killed more atheists or religious people) simply because I am sure that ALL will agree that even just ONE death in the name of anything is wrong.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

agreed, who killed whom more is a useless debate but just to be clear here, I am trying to address the why instead of how many.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

neo-x wrote:agreed, who killed whom more is a useless debate but just to be clear here, I am trying to address the why instead of how many.
WHY?
Because humans have a natural tendency to dominate and conquer and are not above killing as a means to an end.
We like to play God, and by that I mean to have the ultimate power and that is, life or death.
I've seen it, I've seen those drunk on that power, the power of holding the life of another in their hands.
Not money, not influence, not status, none of that superficial crap means anything, true Power is the power of life and death.
God is being able to decide who lives and dies.
It is THE narcotic.
And, arguably, even more than that is the power to command OTHERS to do it for you, to say that person dies or that group dies and then have others do it.
Power is control, and true power and control is power and control over life and death and since, deep down, humans knwo they are mortal and have no power or control over THAT, the next best thing available to them to BE GOD, is life and death over others.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Cain and Able comes to mind.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:Cain and Able comes to mind.
Who's Able? I thought Cain's brother was Abel. Not only do we have to expect Australians to add the letter U to all our words, now Australians are spelling names differently? Sheesh. :poke:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

RickD wrote:
Who's Able? I thought Cain's brother was Abel. Not only do we have to expect Australians to add the letter U to all our words, now Australians are spelling names differently? Sheesh. :poke:
I am going to grab that poking stick and give you a nice Christian beating with it. :evil:

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:
I am going to grab that poking stick and give you a nice Christian beating with it. :evil:

Dan
Hurt me baby! :ebiggrin:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Dudeacus97
Established Member

Post by Dudeacus97 »

Oh, that person I convinced to say oh my science? I just figured out that her last name had the word Otter in it. That would have been hilarious if you saw that episode of South Park.
"Christianity has always embraced both reason and faith."
-Dinesh D'Souza

"Stop listening to John Lennon and start listening to John Lennox! What about a world without the atheists? A word with no Stalin, no Mao, no Pol Pot? A world with no Gulag, no Cultural Revolution, no Killing Fields? Wouldn't that be a world worth dreaming about?"
-John Lennox