Center for Inquiry

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
MarcusOfLycia
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Center for Inquiry

Post by MarcusOfLycia »

I've been hearing about this group more and more for some reason (probably friends of mine quoting from them ad nauseum as a source for their opinions).

Does anyone know of some good Christian responses/alternatives to this organization? What are everyone's opinions on it?

From what I've seen its kind of an evangelical atheist group that thinks very highly of itself and considers itself the safeguard of science and ultimate enemy of everything religious.
-- Josh

“When you see a man with a great deal of religion displayed in his shop window, you may depend upon it, he keeps a very small stock of it within” C.H. Spurgeon

1st Corinthians 1:17- "For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel””not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power"
Ngakunui
Established Member

Re: Center for Inquiry

Post by Ngakunui »

I read over their website and read over a few of their news articles.

From what I can tell, they're nothing more nor less than the average "Christian Apologetic Website", with whatever form of Christianity replaced with humanism. Then again, I've only read over it superficially.

I think, bluntly, they're one of those groups that blindly believe what they believe, without actually questioning it, contrary to their statement. Frankly, lot of people argue for things they don't believe in just to make their ulterior motives sound more just. But who am I to question their purposes?

Still, I wouldn't worry about making an "anti site" to this. It has enough equals already from all over.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: Center for Inquiry

Post by Kurieuo »

Sounds like a religion which requires evidence to justify its own assertions.

There are plenty of rational Christian websites out there devoted to reason and free thinking, and breaking false stigmas and ideas that God and science are incompatible.