Proof of god via DNA and evolution (From another site)

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Swimmy
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Proof of god via DNA and evolution (From another site)

Post by Swimmy »

So I came across this site. Pretty interesting if anyone wants to take a look.

http://www.freeratio.org/showthread.php ... ost2703572

A guy name Perry Marshall debates with a bunch of atheists and does a Great Job

Here's a one of his posts.

1) DNA is not merely a molecule with a pattern; it is a code, a language, and an information storage mechanism.
2) All codes are created by a conscious mind; there is no natural process known to science that creates coded information.
3) Therefore DNA was designed by a mind.

If you can provide an empirical example of a code or language that occurs naturally, you've toppled my proof. All you need is one.

Most scientific laws (gravity, thermodynamics, conservation of matter and energy, relativity) cannot be proven, they are only inferred through the consistency of observations.

There is no known exception to the laws of gravity, so we infer a law of gravitation.

Heat flows from hot objects to cool objects 100% of the time, so we infer the laws of thermodynamics.

In science, if an observation is supported by 100% inference, it is eventually considered to be a law.

I submit to readers of this website that information systems are designed by conscious minds 100% of the time, no exceptions. Thus we can propose a law of information, that coded information is always directly or indirectly caused by a conscious agent.

This observation is just as reliable as the laws of thermodynamics and gravity. There are no known exceptions.

So to the extent that science can prove anything - which is 100% inference - we can conclude that DNA is designed. Therefore, in the same sense that we use the term “scientific proof” with respect to any other established fact, science proves God exists.
CeT-To
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Proof of god via DNA and evolution (From another site)

Post by CeT-To »

hahaha yeah i discovered his website a couple of months ago and i love his work especially the one about good and evil and suffering, you should check that one out! Oh and yes DNA being a code is like one of the biggest ummm you could say HELLOS by God i know and he explains it very well! LOL you should check out the debate he had with the infidel site haha he recommends it to everyone but i havent checked it up yet lol
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
tidalforce
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by tidalforce »

This guy has some serious flaws in his understanding of reasoning/logic.

From the original post
  1. DNA is not merely a molecule with a pattern; it is a code, a language, and an information storage mechanism.
  2. All codes are created by a conscious mind; there is no natural process known to science that creates coded information.
  3. Therefore DNA was designed by a mind.
This is the absolute classic example of begging the question. In the process of trying to demonstrate that DNA was designed by a mind, he has built into his reasoning the assumption that DNA was designed by a mind ("All codes are created by a conscious mind").

From here - http://www.cosmicfingerprints.com/ifyoucanreadthis.htm
Proof that DNA was designed by a mind:
  1. DNA is not merely a molecule with a pattern; it is a code, a language, and an information storage mechanism.
  2. All codes we know the origin of are created by a conscious mind.
  3. Therefore DNA was designed by a mind
Here he has addressed the fact that the other argument was begging the question by adding the caveat "All codes we know of". He's no longer begging the question, but he has invalidated his deductive argument in that the conclusion no longer flows necessarily from the premises (regardless of whether the premises themselves are sound or not). At best with this argument he has provided a demonstration that the observed facts are not inconsistent with DNA being the product of a mind.
warhoop
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by warhoop »

tidalforce wrote:...the observed facts are not inconsistent with...
Insert any physical "law" at the end of the quote and doesn't that give you what lies at the heart of empirical science?