Can meat produce art?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
jake7264
Newbie Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Can meat produce art?

Post by jake7264 »

It's just a continuation of "brains scrambling" I do for my amusement with a hope that I actually might learn something in the process. Sort of opposite to "Can a soul get drunk".
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Re: Can meat produce art?

Post by cslewislover »

No. By meat, I assume you mean our material selves. And if we were just meat, then no, of course not. Maybe that's why no one answered before me. Would you want to reword your question?
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
warhoop
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by warhoop »

jake7264 wrote:It's just a continuation of "brains scrambling" I do for my amusement with a hope that I actually might learn something in the process. Sort of opposite to "Can a soul get drunk".
I don't know, did you type this?
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female

Post by cslewislover »

warhoop wrote:
jake7264 wrote:It's just a continuation of "brains scrambling" I do for my amusement with a hope that I actually might learn something in the process. Sort of opposite to "Can a soul get drunk".
I don't know, did you type this?
:pound:
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by ageofknowledge »

I have located the problem.

"Favorite Bands: Marilyn Manson"
WConn
Established Member

Post by WConn »

Is the question really, "can meat produce art?" The question might be turned around and ask as, "can Art produce meat?" Well that depends on Art who happens to be a good friend of mine. I asked Art if he could produce meat and he said it depends. To produce meat, one must first find a meat producing animal. A good example of this might be a Steer. Now Steers are tasty and full of meat, case closed and hats off to Art.

The question I would ask is: Is the square of the hypotenuse really equal to the sum of the squares of the two adjacent sides, or is it just really, really, close. Or does it matter at all?

w
N4SC
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by N4SC »

It isn't a question of ability. The real question is, when we produce art...is it really art?
Who decides? We do. In that, we find our flaw. Well, flaws. There's an Artist that made and makes true masterpieces. We should all get to know Him better.
I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
touchingcloth
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by touchingcloth »

In a very literal way, meat can produce art
..the two laboratories decided to collaborate in an attempt to bridge the gap between biological and artificial systems to produce a machine capable of matching the intelligence of even the simplest organism -- one that will over time evolve, learn, and express itself through art
Taken from Organic robot creates art in Australia.

And here's one of the wondrous, meaty images: