Virgin Birth...Komodo Dragons

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
omimanordude

Virgin Birth...Komodo Dragons

Post by omimanordude »

Here's an interesting article regarding a virgin birth, around Christmas, too! :wink: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061220/sc_ ... dragons_dc
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Virgin Birth...Komodo Dragons

Post by Canuckster1127 »

omimanordude wrote:Here's an interesting article regarding a virgin birth, around Christmas, too! :wink: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061220/sc_ ... dragons_dc
Yes, it is an interesting article.

1. This type of event is not new, especially among lizards which the article itself references.

2. What's new is it hasn't been observed before in this particular strain of reptile for the self-evident reason that you could not know it to be occuring if males were involved in the mix (not without pretty strident DNA testing anyway, I suppose.) So here, there was a controlled environment.

(For some reason though, I have this image of a Kimono Dragon with flowers, chocolates and a zookeeper who owed him a favor ..... ;)

As to the timing around Christmas ... You're not suggesting that someone thought the timing of this would sell newspapers or attract viewers are you? :idea: :roll: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Swamper
Valued Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Swamper »

omimanordude wrote:Here's an interesting article regarding a virgin birth, around Christmas, too! :wink: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061220/sc_ ... dragons_dc
My friend showed me this the other day. Somehow I suspected it would show up here. 8)
Sargon
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by Sargon »

Sounds like a good candidate for a mascot for the feminist movement. :lol:
Let us not confuse what science reveals, with what we interpret science to reveal, and what we want science to reveal.
omimanordude

Post by omimanordude »

Sargon wrote:Sounds like a good candidate for a mascot for the feminist movement. :lol:
Lol, can l amen that? :lol:
Dudeacus97
Established Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Dudeacus97 »

Maybe God is trying to save the souls of the Komodo Dragons?
"Christianity has always embraced both reason and faith."
-Dinesh D'Souza

"Stop listening to John Lennon and start listening to John Lennox! What about a world without the atheists? A word with no Stalin, no Mao, no Pol Pot? A world with no Gulag, no Cultural Revolution, no Killing Fields? Wouldn't that be a world worth dreaming about?"
-John Lennox
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

I clicked on the link - it's been taken down! I wonder if it received too many responses from a certain camp who wouldn't like to hear of such a thing ;)
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".