1925 Dinosaur

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Jbuza wrote:
Gman wrote: I totally agree with you on this Bart... In fact I work with scientists everyday that remind me of this fact. It has made Christianity totally laughable in their eyes.. And rightfully so.

G -
No actually this is completley wrong. They laughed at Jesus Christ before anoyone even cared about the dinos. All they really cared about them at that time was the nuisance they were.
Well I disagree with what you are saying... I agree with you that Jesus would be ridiculed even without the science facts. However the vast majority of scientists in the world disagree with the YEC model. Therefore it is a stumbling block to them and others that can understand simple science. You know that science and the Bible have to agree with each other. Why are you defending the YEC model? What is there about it that you feel you need to protect? Is the world still flat too?

Just asking brother,

G -
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

gone
Last edited by Jbuza on Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Jbuza wrote:promoting harmony and conforming to the majority is a poor reason to believe something.

IT is the kind of thing that results in science being so subjective.

I don't feel their is anything about YEC that I need to protect. My or your acceptance of something has little impact on what truth is.
Conforming to the majority for its own sake is a poor reason.

Finding harmony between God's Creation and Scripture where there is truth is a completely worthy goal and possible one, if nature and Scripture in fact do align.

We've been continuing on this endlessly in the realm of science.

It is obvious that there will be no changing of anyone's mind in this realm. I've wondered why you continue to attempt to return to things in this realm as you deny the foundation for science to have any meaning in this arena anyway. It seems to me to just equate to continued smokescreens and obfuscation as you will not accept anything that you do not already believe anyway.

Science strongly supports an OEC position anyway. Those of us in the OEC position can change our minds and modify our opinions if the evidence demands it, as the details are not present within Scripture anyway to this extent.

How about examining the positions scripturally?

Do you wish to demonstrate why the YEC position is scripturally sound?
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

gone
Last edited by Jbuza on Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.