Shroud of Turin

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Shroud of Turin

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:
Hey ACB, you also forgot to mention the Gap Theory and Donald Trump! :pound:
Yes, that boy's just a tad obsessed on those. My theory is that Trump has one heck of a hairless gap under that squirrel rug he wears. He must use industrial strength hairspray on that thing. :pound:
Remember, there is no evidence of the evolution of the gap in Trump's hair.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bippy123 »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
hughfarey wrote:I think Swordfish's advice is wise. Although it is by no means proven that the Shroud is a forgery, it is equally not proven that it is authentic, in spite of the firmly held convictions of people on both sides. If anyone relied on the authenticity of the Shroud for their faith, and it was later incontestably proved medieval, that would be a pity. As an illustration, or corroborating evidence, of course, that would be fine, as the bedrock of one's faith would not be affected either way.
There is a lot more reason to believe the shroud is authentic than to believe life evolves. I don't see how you can accept evolution,yet reject the shroud as authentic seeing that it cannot be made or produced by man and the closest man can come to producing an image requires powerful equipment that no medieval person could have.
I'm sorry but Hugh's post about there being equal reason to believe it's a forgery as well as it being real is Hugh's opinion .

The fact that hugh believes that the luigi replica is a good one tells me there is a bias . The only people that still take the luigi replica seriously are the pseudo sceptics .

My only regret is that my current situation (homeless and living in my car and working 2 jobs )doesn't allow me to bring about fully all the evidences. (Tetradiplon etc etc )

On a brighter note I'm contemplating a move across the border to tj which had very affordable housing . Safety is something else I must look into

I haven't forgotten about the forum or thread guys

God bless you guys
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Bip, please careful consider your safety down there. Are you in contact with a community of believers? Seems you could link up with a good housing situation through such?

Blessings and prayers for your well being!
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bippy123 »

Hey Philip , sorry about the delayed response . Worked overtime this week to make up for my younger brothers blunder of having his car towed because he left it parked too long in a 30 minute parking zone .
Yea safety was my main concern and was told anything that is 10 minutes or less from the border is safe , but safety is also a concern where I'm sleeping at also . They finally caught the guy in our area that's been setting homeless people on fire .

Yes I have tried looking through all Christian groups for housing and the problem there is that they are overbooked for years on housing . Homelessness is a huge problem here and one day when I get through this I'm going to work with the homeless . I now fully understand what they are going through so I can't turn my back on them .

Thank you so much for your prayers my friend , they are probably what are keeping me safe
God bless :)
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

I found a video about the shroud I think ya'll will like.

DNA evidence proves shroud is witness to Resurrection.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSotRPtPArI
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Top 3 Reasons People Say Shroud Is Fake.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDqPpp9jE1A
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Shroud of Turin - Summary of Evidence for its Authenticity

Post by Kurieuo »

People here wanted the evidence for the Shroud summarised in an easily digestible manner. Bippy like us all is busy and pre-occupied with life, nonetheless we no doubt all appreciate his contribution here in highlighting to all of us as Christians, who were once very skeptical of the Shroud, the actual strong evidence that exists for its authenticity.

Rather than continue this already very long and convoluted thread, I thought I'd start a new one afresh here.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)