Shroud of Turin

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: Shroud of Turin

Post by Kurieuo »

Storyteller wrote:It`s going to be on display?? Where?

It would be just so awesome to see it in the flesh, so to speak.
Sadly, it doesn't come with Jesus' rotting corpse.
Actually, happily it doesn't because He lives!
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

Ah!

It wouldn`t anyway, would it? His body is in Heaven.

(No flies on me :D)
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Audie
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

Storyteller wrote:Ah!

It wouldn`t anyway, would it? His body is in Heaven.

(No flies on me :D)
Likewise, tho there may be bugs on summa you mugs.
Rob
Valued Member

Post by Rob »

Audie wrote: Likewise, tho there may be bugs on summa yo mugs.
Fixed. Also, that's going to become a new saying of mine.
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

bippy123 and anyone else interested (most on this Shroud posting i guess)

I don't know how cable programming works in all areas, but in my east coast TWC there are two of the best shows ever regarding the Shroud :

This Saturday at 10-12:00 a.m. History channel, The Real Face of Jesus. Documentary involving computer graphics taking 3D imaging of the Shroud.

This Sunday at 10-11:00 a.m. AHC channel, The Shroud of Turin. Documentary of the Italian professor and his in depth investigation of Shroud.

Don/t know if you've seen either of these but if not they are worth the watch and if you can't worth the DVR time and space recording....
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

You will have to post a review for me ES. Sometimes it really sucks being in the UK.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by bippy123 »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:bippy123 and anyone else interested (most on this Shroud posting i guess)

I don't know how cable programming works in all areas, but in my east coast TWC there are two of the best shows ever regarding the Shroud :

This Saturday at 10-12:00 a.m. History channel, The Real Face of Jesus. Documentary involving computer graphics taking 3D imaging of the Shroud.

This Sunday at 10-11:00 a.m. AHC channel, The Shroud of Turin. Documentary of the Italian professor and his in depth investigation of Shroud.

Don/t know if you've seen either of these but if not they are worth the watch and if you can't worth the DVR time and space recording....
ES, actually I posted the Fanti documentary link a few pages back . Here it is again. It's actually the newest documentary . You will really like it

http://youtu.be/I4c4812XA9A

Here is a video presentation he made at the October shroud conferene in St. Louis on the shroud image and his corona discharge . Good thing they have slides cause I couldn't understand a word he said because of his heavy italian accent.

http://youtu.be/hYDpuizojbc

And the face of Jesus is a another one but that was posted way back in the thread pages . Here is the link to that one also.

Here is the link to the full documentary
http://youtu.be/WNJPJ4JwHeE
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

Storyteller wrote:You will have to post a review for me ES. Sometimes it really sucks being in the UK.
Annette you gotta love YouTube :mrgreen:
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

I shoulda known, bippy :pound: :pound: :pound: thanks for the links. Guaranteed Annette will be happy to have.

when I went to net I found Ray Downing was suing History Channel for infringement rights.... I don't blame him if they agreed to one thing and did nother, but it's too bad, doesn't lend a very nice light to an awesome subject.
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

And the face of Jesus is a another one but that was posted way back in the thread pages . Here is the link to that one also.

That is an amazing video.
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:I shoulda known, bippy :pound: :pound: :pound: thanks for the links. Guaranteed Annette will be happy to have.

when I went to net I found Ray Downing was suing History Channel for infringement rights.... I don't blame him if they agreed to one thing and did nother, but it's too bad, doesn't lend a very nice light to an awesome subject.
Never underestimate my OCD ES :mrgreen: :pound:
Most of the times it's a. Curse but it sure can come in handy in rare occasions lol. Yea Annette will be blown away. Just the look on ray downing's face when the computer image was finally done was well worth watching .

I never knew Ray was suing the history channel. I wonder what they did for him to sue them fir infringement rights ?
I would have sued the history channel just for allowing lawrenve krauss's to even be allowed to make a cameo appearance in the video. I always make it a point to skip that part of the documentary :mrgreen:
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

PaulSacramento wrote:

Yea Paul , im still amazed that the history channel gave such an unbiased view of the shroud . Usually they come out with garbage conspiracy theiries when it comes to Christianity.

The shroud will be on display starting Aprils 19th for 45 days . Not sure which tv station will be picking it up. I'll keep checking .
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

bippy123 wrote:
Storyteller wrote:You will have to post a review for me ES. Sometimes it really sucks being in the UK.
Almost as much as I love you, my friend. I shall watch it one evening this week :)
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

Storyteller wrote:
bippy123 wrote:
Almost as much as I love you, my friend. I shall watch it one evening this week :)
Awww love you too my sister in Christ :)
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

bippy123 wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:

Yea Paul , im still amazed that the history channel gave such an unbiased view of the shroud . Usually they come out with garbage conspiracy theiries when it comes to Christianity.

The shroud will be on display starting Aprils 19th for 45 days . Not sure which tv station will be picking it up. I'll keep checking .
There's a lot of blah blah, gnostic this and that talk...
After the scan at the end and overlay on the shroud impression, my hairs stood on end.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)