Did Jesus Survive Crucifixtion and Journey to India?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Post Reply
Ark~Magic
Established Member
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:25 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Did Jesus Survive Crucifixtion and Journey to India?

#1

Post by Ark~Magic » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:11 am

Unearthing the Tomb of Jesus

I'm sure Brian will dig this.
"And I shall slay them who partake of futurism, for in the preterist light there will be everlasting salvation, truth, and peace." ~ Faust

User avatar
Believer
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:44 pm
Christian: No
Location: Oregon
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Did Jesus Survive Crucifixtion and Journey to India?

#2

Post by Believer » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:20 am

Ark~Magic wrote:Unearthing the Tomb of Jesus

I'm sure Brian will dig this.
Me? I will dig that atheist website? Umm, no. The theory says Jesus survived crucifixion and traveled to India, thus making salvation invalid to all humanity. Why are you promoting atheism?

Ark~Magic
Established Member
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:25 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

RE:

#3

Post by Ark~Magic » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:36 am

It was a joke. I was expecting you to fall into doubt and start panicing over whether it was true or not.
"And I shall slay them who partake of futurism, for in the preterist light there will be everlasting salvation, truth, and peace." ~ Faust

User avatar
Forge
Valued Member
Posts: 345
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 7:39 pm
Christian: No
Location: Watching you
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

#4

Post by Forge » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:32 am

Hell no, there was no way Jesus could have survived crucification.

He died from either cardiac arrest or asphyxiation, and this doesn't even take into account the lance thrust into his carcass. For Bob's sake, don't forget he was almost whipped to ribbons and horribly abused before he had to carry the cross.
I DEMAND PIE, AND A BARREL OF WHIPPED CREAM

User avatar
Believer
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:44 pm
Christian: No
Location: Oregon
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#5

Post by Believer » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:41 am

Yes, Jesus was whipped with HORRIBLE devices, His flesh tore, blood spewed out, He was then DEMANDED to carry His cross to calvary, still with blood coming out, He didn't have water or any liquids or food, then He was nailed and punctured on the cross which does cause more blood loss, no blood clotting or coagulation would have happened. He didn't survive, not in those evil torturous days, and they (Romans) made SURE they ALL were dead, I mean DEAD! But then He came back, dead people die once and don't come back just as the Bible says, with the exception of Jesus.

Fortigurn
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1071
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:29 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#6

Post by Fortigurn » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:27 am

Powerpoint presentation on the resurrection of Christ here.

User avatar
Believer
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:44 pm
Christian: No
Location: Oregon
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#7

Post by Believer » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:08 pm

Fortigurn wrote:Powerpoint presentation on the resurrection of Christ here.
From your own "denomination/cult" that many here would probably not agree with.

Fortigurn
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1071
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:29 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#8

Post by Fortigurn » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:12 pm

Thinker wrote:
Fortigurn wrote:Powerpoint presentation on the resurrection of Christ here.
From your own "denomination/cult" that many here would probably not agree with.
I wrote it myself, but I doubt you would find anything there to disagree with, unless you disagree that Christ died and was raised.

User avatar
Believer
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:44 pm
Christian: No
Location: Oregon
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#9

Post by Believer » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:17 pm

Fortigurn wrote:
Thinker wrote:
Fortigurn wrote:Powerpoint presentation on the resurrection of Christ here.
From your own "denomination/cult" that many here would probably not agree with.
I wrote it myself, but I doubt you would find anything there to disagree with, unless you disagree that Christ died and was raised.
I agree He died and rose, but you're a Christadelphian, so I don't know what is actually true and not twisted to look true. I don't have PowerPoint anyways, so I apologize, I just have been following your posts and you do seem quite selective in showing Christ was different than what most if not all Christians think He was and is.

Fortigurn
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1071
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:29 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#10

Post by Fortigurn » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:34 am

Thinker wrote:
Fortigurn wrote:
Thinker wrote:
Fortigurn wrote:Powerpoint presentation on the resurrection of Christ here.
From your own "denomination/cult" that many here would probably not agree with.
I wrote it myself, but I doubt you would find anything there to disagree with, unless you disagree that Christ died and was raised.
I agree He died and rose, but you're a Christadelphian, so I don't know what is actually true and not twisted to look true. I don't have PowerPoint anyways, so I apologize, I just have been following your posts and you do seem quite selective in showing Christ was different than what most if not all Christians think He was and is.
The purpose of the presentation is to show that Jesus was crucified by Pilate, died, and rose again. If that's 'twisted to look true', then we might as well throw away the Christian religion, as Paul said.

Yes, I have a different view of Christ to many here. This does not change the fact that I believe that he really lived, really died, and was really raised in his own body.

User avatar
Deborah
Senior Member
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:55 pm
Christian: No
Location: Australia
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: RE:

#11

Post by Deborah » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:38 am

Ark~Magic wrote:It was a joke. I was expecting you to fall into doubt and start panicing over whether it was true or not.
Ark I find that rather low :oops:
Church tradition tells us that when John, son of Zebadee and brother of James was an old man, his disciples would carry him to church in their arms.
He would simply say, “Little children, love one another”
After a time his disciples wearied at always hearing these same words and asked “Master why do you always say this?
He replied, “it is the Lords command, and if done, it is enough”

Post Reply