A new body every five years.

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
User avatar
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2163
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:37 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Location: Austin, Texas
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time
Contact:

#91

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:34 pm

Blob, would you conclude that it's not possible for a doctor to join the army and go to war? I mean, a doctor is supposed to save lives, but he's also killing people...using your logic, such a thing isn't possible.
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous

User avatar
Blob
Established Member
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:58 am
Christian: No
Location: UK
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#92

Post by Blob » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:42 pm

Thinker wrote:Blob the Slob
...
I don't believe that Blob.
Insults and calling me a liar. Is that all you have for me?
While in external speech thought is embodied in words, in inner speech words die as they bring forth thought.
- Vygotsky

User avatar
Blob
Established Member
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:58 am
Christian: No
Location: UK
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#93

Post by Blob » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:44 pm

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:Blob, would you conclude that it's not possible for a doctor to join the army and go to war? I mean, a doctor is supposed to save lives, but he's also killing people...using your logic, such a thing isn't possible.
No. A doctor does not claim to be all healing.

And that is where the incoherency of god comes in - the "all"nesses. He could judge some and pardon others as you heplfully point out, but that renders him part-just and part-merciful.
While in external speech thought is embodied in words, in inner speech words die as they bring forth thought.
- Vygotsky

User avatar
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2163
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:37 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Location: Austin, Texas
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time
Contact:

#94

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:54 pm

Blob wrote:
AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:Blob, would you conclude that it's not possible for a doctor to join the army and go to war? I mean, a doctor is supposed to save lives, but he's also killing people...using your logic, such a thing isn't possible.
No. A doctor does not claim to be all healing.

And that is where the incoherency of god comes in - the "all"nesses. He could judge some and pardon others as you heplfully point out, but that renders him part-just and part-merciful.
No it doesn't. He is still all-just and all-merciful. You'd be right if there were some people who didn't have to worry about hell because He isn't going to judge them. But that's not so, and you're wrong.
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous

User avatar
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2163
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:37 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Location: Austin, Texas
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time
Contact:

#95

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:54 pm

August, come here boy, post. 8) Cuz' you're a resident theologian.
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous

User avatar
Believer
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:44 pm
Christian: No
Location: Oregon
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#96

Post by Believer » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:55 pm

Blob wrote:
Thinker wrote:Blob the Slob
...
I don't believe that Blob.
Insults and calling me a liar. Is that all you have for me?
Slob and liar, yes. You give us the impression you are correct on all terms. You clearly don't understand God, as if I would expect that from an atheist (who really is an agnostic in your case). Bow down before Blob, the ultimate authority on everything.

User avatar
Blob
Established Member
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:58 am
Christian: No
Location: UK
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#97

Post by Blob » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:56 pm

KMart.

If everyone is judged then he is all-just, I agree, but at the cost of being not at all merciful.
While in external speech thought is embodied in words, in inner speech words die as they bring forth thought.
- Vygotsky

User avatar
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2163
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:37 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Location: Austin, Texas
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time
Contact:

#98

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:59 pm

Blob wrote:KMart.

If everyone is judged then he is all-just, I agree, but at the cost of being not at all merciful.
Good grief you seem to ignore so much. It's not one or the other. It's both. One does not remove the other. God, being just, must punish people for their sin, and God being merciful gives man a way out of his sin-ever heard of Jesus?

You'd want a creepy God before you'd believe. You want a good God who winks and nods at everyone's sins in His creepy mercy.
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous

User avatar
Blob
Established Member
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:58 am
Christian: No
Location: UK
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#99

Post by Blob » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:07 pm

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:Good grief you seem to ignore so much. It's not one or the other. It's both. One does not remove the other. God, being just, must punish people for their sin, and God being merciful gives man a way out of his sin-ever heard of Jesus?
So his mercy does not extend to those who do not accept Jesus - it is limited.

The problem with these rationalisations is it's like laying an oversized carpet - as soon as you push down on one lump another pops ups elsewhere.
While in external speech thought is embodied in words, in inner speech words die as they bring forth thought.
- Vygotsky

User avatar
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2163
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:37 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Location: Austin, Texas
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time
Contact:

#100

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:11 pm

Blob wrote:
AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:Good grief you seem to ignore so much. It's not one or the other. It's both. One does not remove the other. God, being just, must punish people for their sin, and God being merciful gives man a way out of his sin-ever heard of Jesus?
So his mercy does not extend to those who do not accept Jesus - it is limited.

The problem with these rationalisations is it's like laying an oversized carpet - as soon as you push down on one lump another pops ups elsewhere.
No, God's mercy is not limited-in His mercy He extends salvation to everyone-everyone, though, does not accept it.

And, Blob, I'm not giving you the benefit of the doubt-explain where you get your rationalism? I don't think atheists have the ability to say anything and call it rational. Fallacy of stolen argument-you're trying to prove Christianity wrong by assuming its true. :P
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous

User avatar
Believer
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:44 pm
Christian: No
Location: Oregon
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#101

Post by Believer » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:16 pm

Announcer: Now please welcome Blob (real name ***)

Blob: Hello my fellow humans. I am here today to tell you the truth, the truth in what I know as fact, some may be shocked and offended whilst others may be praising me. I am here to tell you as the world's only hyper extremist scientist, that everything you have believed is a lie. We have evolved from cells in only one area on the entire planet, there is absolutely no God whatsoever even though I can't prove it, I know the everything of everythings. If you would like, you may call me god, the Blob god. I possess all knowledge. The Bible, created by early uninformed humans, has many problems, although tons say there isn't. I am here to give an account explanation for EVERYTHING, because I am Blob the god. Now, I would like to start at the beginning...

*Audience is horribly board, listening to non-sense for a mere 12 hours brought up by previous atheists*

Blob: In conclusion, I am right, you are wrong, I am smart, you are dumb, I know everything, you know nothing. As I said again, you may call me Blob the god.

Audience member: *shouts* More like Blob the Slob!

Blob: What? No, you are misinformed, I really do know everything.

Audience: Get off the stage you unfactual and soundly absurd individual, you possess nothing new!

Blob: Fine, I am still right, you will see one day, Muwhaahaha!

*75 years pass*

Broadcast: *Anchorwoman* The man named Blob the god that 75 years ago announced that one day we would see he is right is now a myth. His "facts" were mere myths.

Broadcast: *Anchorman* Yeah, what a nimwit, he couldn't see past his own illogical unfactual assumptions.
Last edited by Believer on Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2163
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:37 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Location: Austin, Texas
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time
Contact:

#102

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:18 pm

Blob, you continually say you're not an atheist because you hold out that you could possibly be wrong. But why is it that you're so sure you're right here and now? You're contradicting yourself.
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous

User avatar
Blob
Established Member
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:58 am
Christian: No
Location: UK
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#103

Post by Blob » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:19 pm

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:No, God's mercy is not limited-in His mercy He extends salvation to everyone-everyone, though, does not accept it.
I'll just have to hope he's in an all-merciful mood not an all-just one when I meet him.
where you get your rationalism?
My rationality and irrationality come from the same place as yours - the human mind.
I don't think atheists have the ability to say anything and call it rational. Fallacy of stolen argument-you're trying to prove Christianity wrong by assuming its true. :P
I am not assuming it is true - I am saying if it were true then such and such.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
While in external speech thought is embodied in words, in inner speech words die as they bring forth thought.
- Vygotsky

User avatar
Blob
Established Member
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:58 am
Christian: No
Location: UK
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#104

Post by Blob » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:22 pm

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:But why is it that you're so sure you're right here and now?
Because reality is that which when you stop believing it, it doesn't go away. I could think "I am not here" but here I stay.
While in external speech thought is embodied in words, in inner speech words die as they bring forth thought.
- Vygotsky

User avatar
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2163
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:37 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Location: Austin, Texas
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time
Contact:

#105

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:27 pm

I'll just have to hope he's in an all-merciful mood not an all-just one when I meet him.
You're such a little twit for such an old person.
My rationality and irrationality come from the same place as yours - the human mind.
First, the mind is non-material, which means you're contradicting yourself, and second, no, your mind is the not source of rationality.

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/fedeescienza/englishnf.html
I am not assuming it is true - I am saying if it were true then such and such.
Yes you are-you are accepting assumptions that only Christianity can give you, meaning you assume it's true.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Man who go through turnstile sideways is going to Bangcok.
Because reality is that which when you stop believing it, it doesn't go away. I could think "I am not here" but here I stay.
Your point? You haven't explained your inconsistencies.
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous

Post Reply