Evolution, Big Bang, God

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Romans1:19-25 (KJV)
Newbie Member
Christian: No

God is the Creator and Jesus is the Savior

Post by Romans1:19-25 (KJV) »

It is impossible that evolution and any form of it is true. There is way to much order. Why would anyone put there trust in something like the Big Bang? If the Big bang had happened, then what is the purpose of life?All hope in anything of this sort would be lost. In the Bible (Romans 1:19,20) it says "Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse:" And in Romans 1:25 "Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen."These verses are saying that each person has built in them a God-conscience, that tells them that there is God the Creator.in all of science it is a fact that something can't come from nothing. There has to be a Creator. I don't care how many people say that they are atheistic- I don't believe them , because God gave them this knowledge that He is the Creator. The devil has been deceiving many for about 6,000 years. Why would he stop now?(IPeter 5:8). In the Bible it says that even the devil admits God's existence.Also the prophesies in the Bible were fulfilled and are being fulfilled.Not only were prophesies of Christ fulfilled, but historical prophesies about Babylon, Edom,Jerusalem, and many others would be destroyed. Are they still here?That's quite obvious-No.Why not belive the Bible when it's been proven through the test of time. I know for a fact evoltion has not. There are way too many missing factors and links that do not add up. You can't convince me that my ancestors came from apes or any other creature. If that was the case why can't humans now produce apes?Because they never could nor could have apes produced man. It's not religion nor evolution that separtes people. The thing that separates people is a relationship through Jesus Christ and Him alone. Romans 3:23/Romans 6:23/Romans 5:12/Romans 3:10/1John 1:8/1John 5:17/Revelation 20:14/Titus 3:5/Ephesians 2:8/Romans 5:8/John 14:6/Romans 10:9-13/1Corinthians15:1-4/Acts16:31/John 1:12. Please read these in order in the KJV.
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Re: God is the Creator and Jesus is the Savior

Post by bizzt »

Romans1:19-25 (KJV) wrote:It is impossible that evolution and any form of it is true. There is way to much order. Why would anyone put there trust in something like the Big Bang? If the Big bang had happened, then what is the purpose of life?All hope in anything of this sort would be lost. In the Bible (Romans 1:19,20) it says "Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse:" And in Romans 1:25 "Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen."These verses are saying that each person has built in them a God-conscience, that tells them that there is God the Creator.in all of science it is a fact that something can't come from nothing. There has to be a Creator. I don't care how many people say that they are atheistic- I don't believe them , because God gave them this knowledge that He is the Creator. The devil has been deceiving many for about 6,000 years. Why would he stop now?(IPeter 5:8). In the Bible it says that even the devil admits God's existence.Also the prophesies in the Bible were fulfilled and are being fulfilled.Not only were prophesies of Christ fulfilled, but historical prophesies about Babylon, Edom,Jerusalem, and many others would be destroyed. Are they still here?That's quite obvious-No.Why not belive the Bible when it's been proven through the test of time. I know for a fact evoltion has not. There are way too many missing factors and links that do not add up. You can't convince me that my ancestors came from apes or any other creature. If that was the case why can't humans now produce apes?Because they never could nor could have apes produced man. It's not religion nor evolution that separtes people. The thing that separates people is a relationship through Jesus Christ and Him alone. Romans 3:23/Romans 6:23/Romans 5:12/Romans 3:10/1John 1:8/1John 5:17/Revelation 20:14/Titus 3:5/Ephesians 2:8/Romans 5:8/John 14:6/Romans 10:9-13/1Corinthians15:1-4/Acts16:31/John 1:12. Please read these in order in the KJV.
Actually I think the Big Bang is our Greatest Evidence of God not the other way around!
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

Re: God is the Creator and Jesus is the Savior

Post by Byblos »

bizzt wrote:Actually I think the Big Bang is our Greatest Evidence of God not the other way around!
Amen to that!
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Just adding an article here which explains a bit about the conflict people have on the big bang, as well as listing a summary list of 30 evidences for this event.

See A Beginner's—and Expert's—Guide to the Big Bang: Sifting Facts from Fictions

Kurieuo
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
MichelleAnn
Acquainted Member

God and Science don't have to be mutually exclusive

Post by MichelleAnn »

To Romans1: 19-25,

Yeah, why couldn't God have created the Big Bang? If God created you, a living creature with billions of living cells put together to form a moving, breathing, thinking human, why couldn't he have consolidated billions upon billions of dust and gas particles to create the universe, galaxies, stars and planets? Sounds a lot easier to me!

I also would like to know why there is such a schism between believing in God and science? Why are they seemingly mutually exlcusive? Science has advanced the human species more than anything. We would still believe the earth is flat, that the universe revolves around us, that demons cause our illnesses, and we would have no idea what force holds us here on earth (gravity). On the same hand, I know of many instances where people deal with heart-breaking tragedy and overcome enormous obstacles because of their faith... and not necessarily Christian faith, mind you.

Couldn't it be that God was kind of hoping that apple would fall on Newton's head? Or may He made Christopher Columbus more adventure-some than others in hopes he would see all that He has to offer. These are things that neither side, being stubborn and close-minded, like to think about. I believe that if scientists (of whom many actually believe in God, like myself) and theologians (of whom many believe in scientific advancement) would have a mutual respect for both belief systems and factual information, we could maybe see how we are stepping on our own feet by this circular argument. But then again, if that were the case, there wouldn't be forums like this :)

Just some food for thought.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

I also would like to know why there is such a schism between believing in God and science?
There isn't one, it's a myth.
We would still believe the earth is flat,
Myth
that the universe revolves around us
I don't see how that has advanced us at all...I mean...it has improved our knowledge and understanding, yes...but no value to socieyt or anyone individually...and it's a myth that the Bible teaches that, since you're on that line of thinking.
and we would have no idea what force holds us here on earth (gravity).
Kinda sorta think that people kinda sorta knew about this force...everytime they leaped off a mountain...before dying, they figured it out...they just didn't do the math before dying.
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Re: God and Science don't have to be mutually exclusive

Post by Felgar »

MichelleAnn wrote:I also would like to know why there is such a schism between believing in God and science? Why are they seemingly mutually exlcusive?
They aren't exclusive - science enables us to better understand God's creation which enables us to better understand Him. When science establishes a fact then it will necessarily be harmoneous with the Bible, because both are truth and there's only one truth. I think we may be starting to see this with the Big Bang... As for evolution I think science itself will kill the theory eventually, but we'll see.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Well, atheists need to hang on to their creation myth, so we'll never be rid of it most likely.

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

-Anonymous
LPecan
Newbie Member

Post by LPecan »

Felgar wrote:
MichelleAnn wrote: When science establishes a fact then it will necessarily be harmoneous with the Bible, because both are truth and there's only one truth. I think we may be starting to see this with the Big Bang... As for evolution I think science itself will kill the theory eventually, but we'll see.
When science establishes a fact it is never necessarily harmonious with the bible. In fact it seems to be the other way around. You're misguided in thinking science seeks truth, it seeks a predictive value. So is the same of scripture. But it seems with every scientific observation, it is, in fact, scripture which must be adapted, or my personal favorite, interpreted to jive with science.
What's not harmoneous? (sic)
Are we dust? no... we're a bunch of particles which exist only as a superposition of electromagnetic waves.

This whole god existed before time is a fallacy and a creation of the uneducated. The concept of before comes from the dimensions which are itself created by the big bang. The end goal of science is to prove that the very existence (of existence) implies a creation of 9 dimensions, expansion in three and the eventual design of the universe. God is just not a necesary postulate.

Furthermore, if you think science is going to show that, in fact, science will someday prove that you did not evolve from the same thing as your cat, you ought to pick up a newspaper.

What do we have that makes us so special. What do we do to be worthy of God's favor, why in the world would an all-loving god pick a people (the isrealiltes) to be his chosen people, and screw the rest of humanity.

Try for ten minutes, to think abstractly and not use you're own beliefs about god to justify themselves. You'll find you don't need God at all.

I hope you all pray for me, as I have sinned by.... thinking!
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

Lpecan Wrote
This whole god existed before time is a fallacy and a creation of the uneducated. The concept of before comes from the dimensions which are itself created by the big bang. The end goal of science is to prove that the very existence (of existence) implies a creation of 9 dimensions, expansion in three and the eventual design of the universe. God is just not a necesary postulate.
Furthermore, if you think science is going to show that, in fact, science will someday prove that you did not evolve from the same thing as your cat, you ought to pick up a newspaper.
What do we have that makes us so special. What do we do to be worthy of God's favor, why in the world would an all-loving god pick a people (the isrealiltes) to be his chosen people, and screw the rest of humanity.
Try for ten minutes, to think abstractly and not use you're own beliefs about god to justify themselves. You'll find you don't need God at all.
I hope you all pray for me, as I have sinned by.... thinking![/quote]

If one believes in God he is in fact a necessary postulate. I guess you are saying that any of the self-proclaimed enlightened would shrug off the non-essential God and embrace evolution they would see the light. Your rant clearly expresses that you do not understand God as HE says He is. I guess you think Man is like the beasts since you cannot see what makes us special.

Seek the answer to questions science cannot answer for you, because they are more important. I will pray for you, but you have not sinned by thinking, keep doing it, open your eyes and allow your reason and logic lead you to the only possible conclusions. Presuppose God make some predictions test Him, don't simply reject the whole concept because you find the other more palatable. Just because evolution appeals to you making you the gods of the universe doesn't make it true.
August
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

LPecan wrote:
Felgar wrote:
MichelleAnn wrote: When science establishes a fact then it will necessarily be harmoneous with the Bible, because both are truth and there's only one truth. I think we may be starting to see this with the Big Bang... As for evolution I think science itself will kill the theory eventually, but we'll see.
When science establishes a fact it is never necessarily harmonious with the bible. In fact it seems to be the other way around. You're misguided in thinking science seeks truth, it seeks a predictive value. So is the same of scripture. But it seems with every scientific observation, it is, in fact, scripture which must be adapted, or my personal favorite, interpreted to jive with science.
What's not harmoneous? (sic)
Are we dust? no... we're a bunch of particles which exist only as a superposition of electromagnetic waves.

I hope you all pray for me, as I have sinned by.... thinking!
If science does not seek truth, how did you arrive at your conclusion that there is no God?

At least I'm glad to see that you are picking up a newspaper as your reference for your origins, that's the best source of truth out there.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

August wrote: At least I'm glad to see that you are picking up a newspaper as your reference for your origins, that's the best source of truth out there.

IT's like the tabloids in Men In Black. lol
August
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

Well, if you don't believe in the Bible as truth, you might as well believe the tabloids.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Try for ten minutes, to think at all, and not use you're own beliefs about God to justify themselves. You'll find you need God to be able to even trust your thoughts.

Genius.

- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

-Anonymous
MichelleAnn
Acquainted Member

Keep your citations straight, please!

Post by MichelleAnn »

Hey I do not appreciate you all citing something that is not mine! I did not say:

"When science establishes a fact then it will necessarily be harmoneous with the Bible, because both are truth and there's only one truth. I think we may be starting to see this with the Big Bang... As for evolution I think science itself will kill the theory eventually, but we'll see."

Good Lord, try to keep things straight. You have all been arguing the wrong person.