The Origin of Species

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

Post by Byblos »

Jbuza wrote:
SoccerfreakAB2 wrote:
Jbuza wrote:You can't see origin of species, you cant see speciation, you can't see the big bang. You believe evolution without seeing it, just as I believe in God having never seen him. You keep refering to evolutionary conjecture as fact when it is actually a theory among many that has no real scientific support.

Second point. I thank you for supporting creation by pointing out the striking similarity of the chimps DNA to ours. The dissimilarity of the abilities of man and chimps with respect to logic and reason easily lends evidence to the dualistic philosophy that points to physical matter and a spiritual matter. Since the chimp and the human is so similar in DNA it could be that the abilities of man that far far surpass anything in the animal kingdom could be that spiritual escence that God breather into us when he created us.
I can see australopithecus, homo habilis, homo erectus, archaeopteryx, and neanderthal man. I can see the comparisons made and the time periods they lived in. I can see that some species are extinct due to certain mutations, or some species have benefitted from weird, but profittable mutations. I can see my evidence. Can you see yours? Besides, of course, in that closed little mind of yours?

Yeah, it could also be that God hated chimps and thought the female of the human race was more pretty, so he made us smarter, right? Who knows with religion, we can pretty much make our own crazy interpretations until science comes and wreckes them.
Wow you are something, I understand Thinker's reaction to you now. You insult my intelligence fine, I don't need to appear high and mighty for you, not that I am. You have seen the time that the supposed human ansectors lived in? How old are you great one? I have been exposed to evolution in more than one course, and part of my reason to spend time here is to understand people like you. I am not convinced by evidence that arrives from a culture wihtin science that presuposses no God. IT is not science to say that. I see the evidence Soccer I am just not convinced by it.

I take some offense to your comments about religion making any crazy interpretation they want . . . No you can't God said that he Formed man with his own hands and breathed life into him. Creation does a better job of explaining the utterly unique abilities of man with respect to logic and reason. Evolution fails to epxlain these thigns, I have asked several times, but evolutionism often skips the hard questions. It would be safe to say from observing the world that man has dominion over it (biblical), how does evolution explain that if this ability to reason and think logically are so adaptive why is it not apperent in far more species. Your theory has the holes, your theory is the one "that makes crazy interpreatations". I could say the same thing to you, without the petty insult, that perhaps you could take a course and approach the bible with an open mind, because from your comment about chimps you don't understand it at all. PErhaps you have just ignored it. that would explain your innability to debate withour resorting to name calling. Lack of understanding the opposing theories.

Great post JBuza.

Somewhere on this site there was a great example of the origin of species, I forget where but here's the jist of it:

Take the most sophisticated robot known to man today, shuve a stick of dynomite up his proverbial butt and blow it up. Gather the zilion peices and put them in a tight box and put the box in perpetual motion machine so the box is shaken for a few billion years.

What is the probability the shaken box will ever produce a sophisticated robot again?

What is the probability that an educated person (oh for argument's sake let's call her an intelligent designer) can re-assemble the peices back into a sophisticated robot?

You want to talk science, there's no question as to which probability is more likely. Case closed.

You know what an atheist 's last words are when he's on his death bed?

'If there's a god ...'
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

gone
Last edited by Jbuza on Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.