Genesis 9:5

Bible Studies
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Genesis 9:5

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

How does an animal give account to God for killing a person? So far two answers seem possible-God will kill that animal, or there will be a sort of day or reckoning in the animal's afterlife, if they even have one. Do animals go to hell? I don't think they do, they seem to be in the same group like babies and little kids.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Genesis 9:5

Post by RickD »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:How does an animal give account to God for killing a person? So far two answers seem possible-God will kill that animal, or there will be a sort of day or reckoning in the animal's afterlife, if they even have one. Do animals go to hell? I don't think they do, they seem to be in the same group like babies and little kids.
A life for a life.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:How does an animal give account to God for killing a person? So far two answers seem possible-God will kill that animal, or there will be a sort of day or reckoning in the animal's afterlife, if they even have one. Do animals go to hell? I don't think they do, they seem to be in the same group like babies and little kids.
Animals don't have a soul. When they die they just die, there is no afterlife for them.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Stu wrote:
Animals don't have a soul. When they die they just die, there is no afterlife for them.
At risk of sounding pedantic, a soul is the mind, will, and emotions of certain creatures.

And certain animals do have souls. Anyone with a dog, knows that.

I think you may be conflating soul, with spirit. Humans are the only creatures with a spirit.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

RickD wrote:
Stu wrote:
At risk of sounding pedantic, a soul is the mind, will, and emotions of certain creatures.

I think you may be conflating soul, with spirit. Humans are the only creatures with a spirit.
Only certain animals? How do you know this?

Do animals go to heaven?
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Stu wrote:
RickD wrote:
Stu wrote:

Do animals go to heaven?
Good question, the bible don't say specifically but some do think that. We know there are animals there, though.
I think Rick might be saying that animals like jellyfish or a sponge don't have a soul, they are almost plantlike for instance and lack a central brain.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Stu wrote:
RickD wrote:
Stu wrote:

Do animals go to heaven?
Mammals for example. And certain birds. If you've ever had a dog for example, you know dogs have a mind, will and emotions.

As to whether animals go to heaven, I really don't know. But the new heavens and new earth? Why couldn't there be animals there.

-Edward R Murrow

Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

RickD wrote:
Stu wrote:
RickD wrote:
Stu wrote:

Do animals go to heaven?
Mammals for example. And certain birds. If you've ever had a dog for example, you know dogs have a mind, will and emotions.

As to whether animals go to heaven, I really don't know. But the new heavens and new earth? Why couldn't there be animals there.
The soul is that which animates the body. Any thing that grows has a soul which is returned to its maker after the body dies. There are, however, different types of souls. The first form is non-sentient irrational soul for plant life, the second form is the sentient irrational soul for animals, and lastly the sentient rational soul reserved for humans which distinguishes us from all other life forms for it is the image of God in which we are created.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Byblos wrote:
RickD wrote:
Stu wrote:
RickD wrote:
Stu wrote:

Do animals go to heaven?

The soul is that which animates the body. Any thing that grows has a soul which is returned to its maker after the body dies. There are, however, different types of souls. The first form is non-sentient irrational soul for plant life, the second form is the sentient irrational soul for animals, and lastly the sentient rational soul reserved for humans which distinguishes us from all other life forms for it is the image of God in which we are created.
Plants have souls? Plants don't have a body to animate.

-Edward R Murrow

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

RickD wrote:
Byblos wrote:
RickD wrote:
Stu wrote:
RickD wrote: At risk of sounding pedantic, a soul is the mind, will, and emotions of certain creatures.

Do animals go to heaven?

I think I read somewhere about plants responding better when talked to,certian kinds of music played,etc. Supposedly plants do respond to it and perhaps that could be a plant's soul.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

RickD wrote:
Byblos wrote:
RickD wrote:
Stu wrote:
RickD wrote: At risk of sounding pedantic, a soul is the mind, will, and emotions of certain creatures.

Do animals go to heaven?

Why would you say that? Plants certainly have bodies, reproduce, grow, and die.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Byblos wrote:[
The soul is that which animates the body. Any thing that grows has a soul which is returned to its maker after the body dies. There are, however, different types of souls.
Where would germs fit into this? Ik they used to be called plants or animals but now they are not. Do you include them as animals/plants here and so have a soul?
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Here's a related thread Nessa started not too long ago: Will there be animals or creatures in heaven?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Byblos wrote:
RickD wrote:
Byblos wrote:
RickD wrote:
Stu wrote:

Do animals go to heaven?

Why would you say that? Plants certainly have bodies, reproduce, grow, and die.
They have a body. But not a body animated by a mind, will or emotions.

Unless you're suggesting that plants can think...

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Jesus must have appeared a bit wacko rebuking the winds and sea causing the storm to stop, I mean can you picture anyone else doing that and not being considered a freak? I think some will be surprised when they see trees and rivers clapping their hands, mountains and hills singing before the Lord. Indeed "every created thing which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all things in them" worshiping God. ;)
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)