Bible Studies
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Adam’s rib

Post by crochet1949 »

The various races came to be as a result of the Tower of Babel. Everyone had one language and wanted to stay together as a group rather than spread out. They were trying to build a tower to reach the 'heaven's instead of listening to God. So -- in the process of -- God confounded their languages. People grouped together with those they could understand and pretty much forced various groups to spread out farther and farther. Various 'races' developed over -time / the gene pool and such.

But responding to the creation of Eve out of Adam. It's been said that part of the rib cage protects the heart. And it's part of his side -- so Adam was meant to be a protector of Eve and they worked side-by-side. As equals. Pretty neat when you think about it.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

So,

All people looked the same until they were dispersed after the Tower of Babel?

In other words, over maybe 5000 years or so, all the different races evolved?

Sounds like evolution on a much faster scale than any evolutionist believes could be possible.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

I guess that would be right -- everyone probably looked a lot alike. After the flood, God told Noah and his family to be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth. Spread out. Plenty of room. But -- I just found ch 9:11 "Thus, I establish My covenant with you: Never again shall ALL flesh be cut off by the waters of the flood, never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth." The caps were from me. This was on another thread.
Back to the language -- ch 11 :1 Now the whole earth had one language, and one speech." vs 8 "So the Lord scattered them abroad from there over the face of all the earth, and they ceased building the city.
So -- Looks wise -- everyone there after resembled Noah and his family. A form of evolution taking place? Well -- there Is going to be a genetic effect when a group of people reproduce amongst themselves. But I don't like the term 'evolving' because that tends to suggest one ' thing' developing into another 'thing'. And that's Not what happened. They were all People --just like you and me. Certain genetic factors became more prominent / dominant. There Are technical terms for all of this.
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

RickD » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:18 pm

EssentialSacrifice wrote:
Am spending Easter doing a lot of bible reading, and from a new bible I got … it's a study bible from the faith … RSV 2CE Study bible. It's wonderful, like reading the NT all over again with new eyes.

What's different about that version, from the other ones you've read? Is it just easier to understand?
just getting to read in here and found this... this post was actually for another reason, but since you ask :) i haven't got a clue why it is different from others because this is my first ever study bible and really have little to compare it with. My 1966 Jerusalem bible, which is unabridged and noteworthy, but no where near as extensive as my new RSV2CE.

i'm having a great reading and better over all bible understanding, experience.
Last edited by EssentialSacrifice on Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

crochet1949 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:19 pm

I just looked it up and found out it's a Catholic Bible. So apparently you're Catholic. It simply has more books in it than the KJV or NKJ or NIV
Apparently ! :D ... thanks for noticing ! ;)
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

And Why would I know that you're Catholic or not? Unless it's been mentioned prior and I didn't notice.
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

And Why would I know that you're Catholic or not? Unless it's been mentioned prior and I didn't notice.
hold on there young lady, you wouldn't know, but i was impressed you took the time and looked up the RSV version, hence the "thanks for noticing". bye the bye, it's hardly worth mentioning and been barely noticeable prior to this. y:^o

by the way :D ---> very happy ... just having some fun, apparently !
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

Okay -- I over reacted a bit -- a lot has been going on in my world -- so -- it's Good to know you're in Bible reading. And Easter time is a Good time to be reading, studying God's Word. :wave:
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

it's Good to know you're in Bible reading. And Easter time is a Good time to be reading, studying God's Word. :wave:
:amen: :D
King777
Newbie Member

Co-Adamites/Post-Adamites

Post by King777 »

I reject the concept of "pre-Adamites". It was cooked up to defend all sorts of racism. Is it possible, though, that God created a group of people (all African), and then went on to describe how He made man and woman using Adam (which means "man") and Eve (which means "woman") as examples due to the fact that it was their line, Adam's line, through which Christ would come? This theory would eliminate the incest factor, and possibly offer an explanation of where Cain got his wife.
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Re: Co-Adamites/Post-Adamites

Post by DBowling »

King777 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:10 am I reject the concept of "pre-Adamites". It was cooked up to defend all sorts of racism.
If we reject every Scriptural premise that fallen men have distorted for evil then we will end up rejecting a lot of solid Scriptural doctrine.

I also reject your premise that Moses cooked up the concept of pre-Adamites to defend racism.
If we read Genesis 1 and 2 sequentially the concept of pre-Adamites jumps right out at you.
God creates mankind in his image in Genesis 1:26-27.
The Biblical Adam doesn't show up until Genesis 2.

It is Tradition (not the Scriptural text itself) that asserts that Genesis 2 is a recapitulation of events that occurred during 'day 6'.

So from the sequence of events that Moses gives in Genesis 1 and Genesis 2, God created mankind before Adam enters the scene in Genesis 2... which would mean that according to Moses, pre-Adamites did exist prior to the time of Adam.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I reject the concept of "pre-Adamites". It was cooked up to defend all sorts of racism.
With that logic, you might as well reject the Bible, because the Bible has been used to defend racism and the belief that women aren't equal to men. And the Bible has even been used to justify antisemitism.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

King777: "I reject the concept of "pre-Adamites". It was cooked up to defend all sorts of racism."
I doubt seriously that Moses, who once married one of another race - a Cushite woman (the KJV and other versions say she was Ethiopian) and experienced racism because of it, was himself racist. Not to mention, the racist reaction against the wife greatly kindled God's anger at Miriam and Aaron. Mose's Cushite wife was almost certainly very dark-skinned, in comparison. Many of the Cushites migrated down the western side and across Arabia and over the Red Sea into Africa where they became the people known to the Egyptians as "Cush," living inhabiting what is now the Sudan. Miriam was making fun of this person of a different, and almost certainly darker, skin color. Is it an coincidence that God made her "leprous, like SNOW." I doubt she was proud of her then MUCH-whiter skin afterward!

See below:

Numbers 12: 1Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Cushite woman whom he had married, for he had married a Cushite woman. 2And they said, “Has the LORD indeed spoken only through Moses? Has he not spoken through us also?” And the LORD heard it. 3Now the man Moses was very meek, more than all people who were on the face of the earth. 4And suddenly the LORD said to Moses and to Aaron and Miriam, “Come out, you three, to the tent of meeting.” And the three of them came out. 5And the LORD came down in a pillar of cloud and stood at the entrance of the tent and called Aaron and Miriam, and they both came forward. 6And he said, “Hear my words: If there is a prophet among you, I the LORD make myself known to him in a vision; I speak with him in a dream. 7Not so with my servant Moses. He is faithful in all my house. 8With him I speak mouth to mouth, clearly, and not in riddles, and he beholds the form of the LORD. Why then were you not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?” 9And the anger of the LORD was kindled against them, and he departed.

10When the cloud removed from over the tent, behold, Miriam was leprous, like snow. And Aaron turned towards Miriam, and behold, she was leprous. 11And Aaron said to Moses, “Oh, my lord, do not punish us because we have done foolishly and have sinned. 12Let her not be as one dead, whose flesh is half eaten away when he comes out of his mother's womb.” 13And Moses cried to the LORD, “O God, please heal her—please.” 14But the LORD said to Moses, “If her father had but spat in her face, should she not be shamed for seven days? Let her be shut outside the camp for seven days, and after that she may be brought in again.” 15So Miriam was shut outside the camp for seven days, and the people did not set out on the march till Miriam was brought in again.
King777
Newbie Member

Post by King777 »

I was not speaking of Moses. I never knew he believed in pre-adamites. As a matter of fact, I belive The Original Hebrew Israelites were Black. I was referring to the pre-adamism doctrine popularized by Europeans in recent centuries, the bullcorn that says only whites come from Adam, i.e. the so-called "Christian Identity Movement" ( :twisted: )

Up until now, I never knew Moses had ANY Pre-Adamite theory. Whre does this info come from, if you please.
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

King777 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:30 am I was not speaking of Moses. I never knew he believed in pre-adamites. As a matter of fact, I belive The Original Hebrew Israelites were Black. I was referring to the pre-adamism doctrine popularized by Europeans in recent centuries, the bullcorn that says only whites come from Adam, i.e. the so-called "Christian Identity Movement" ( :twisted: )
I fully agree with your disdain for that nonsense.
Up until now, I never knew Moses had ANY Pre-Adamite theory. Whre does this info come from, if you please.
I think I mentioned the Scriptural basis for a legitimate pre-Adamite theory.
Just read Genesis 1 and 2 as a sequential narrative and it becomes obvious.
Mankind is created in Genesis 1:26-27.
The Biblical Adam first appears in Genesis 2:7.

If mankind was created before the time of Adam, then by definition the people created in Genesis 1:26-27 were pre-Adamites.