Best of Jordan Peterson

Got some good and clean jokes to share? Everyone likes a laugh.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Best of Jordan Peterson

Post by Kurieuo »

Paul, I know you watch JP here and there, and anyone else familiar with him... I'm sure you'll enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buD2RM0xChM
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Best of Jordan Peterson

Post by Philip »

While Peterson doesn't believe in God, he is, nonetheless, a very rare bird in acadamia!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:06 am While Peterson doesn't believe in God, he is, nonetheless, a very rare bird in acadamia!
I'm not sure that's accurate.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Philip wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:06 am While Peterson doesn't believe in God, he is, nonetheless, a very rare bird in acadamia!
Have you seen his biblical series? It's on Youtube. I've watched them all. He was actually asked the question and his answer was that he does not know, from a belief perspective. But from a psychological perspective, the LOGOS rules. :mrgreen:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Byblos: He was actually asked the question and his answer was that he does not know, from a belief perspective. But from a psychological perspective, the LOGOS rules.
Which puts him on what present path?

No stop signs, speed limit
Nobody's gonna slow me down
Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Nobody's gonna mess me around
Hey Satan, paid my dues
Playing in a rocking band
Hey mama, look at me
I'm on my way to the promised land, whoo!
I'm on the highway to hell
Highway to hell
I'm on the highway to hell
Highway to hell
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Jordan is very much the "common sense" man.
Nothing revolutionary mind you, just a very uncompromising way to state common sense and reasoning.

His biblical series is excellent.

His demolishing of the news anchor Kathy Newman in the UK was spectacular.

Imagine, a journalist asking why anyone has the right to say things that makes other people uncomfortable.

LOL !
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

From Wikipedia on one of his studies: "According to his study—conducted with one of his students, Christine Brophy—of the relationship between political belief and personality, political correctness exists in two types: "PC-egalitarianism" and "PC-authoritarianism", which is a manifestation of "offense sensitivity".[70] He places classical liberals in the first type, and places so-called social justice warriors, who he says "weaponize compassion", in the second.[17][2] The study also found an overlap between PC-authoritarians and right-wing authoritarians."

He nails the BS and hypocrisy found on the left, right and sometimes inbetween! As the circle goes too far left or right - it's basically moved into the very same territory, just with different acronyms and names!
Nicki
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nicki »

Kurieuo wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:49 am Paul, I know you watch JP here and there, and anyone else familiar with him... I'm sure you'll enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buD2RM0xChM
I'm not familiar with him but that's really funny. :pound:
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Philip wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:08 pm From Wikipedia on one of his studies: "According to his study—conducted with one of his students, Christine Brophy—of the relationship between political belief and personality, political correctness exists in two types: "PC-egalitarianism" and "PC-authoritarianism", which is a manifestation of "offense sensitivity".[70] He places classical liberals in the first type, and places so-called social justice warriors, who he says "weaponize compassion", in the second.[17][2] The study also found an overlap between PC-authoritarians and right-wing authoritarians."

He nails the BS and hypocrisy found on the left, right and sometimes inbetween! As the circle goes too far left or right - it's basically moved into the very same territory, just with different acronyms and names!
He makes extremists feel very uncomfortable and that is why BOTH sides hate him.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

He makes extremists feel very uncomfortable and that is why BOTH sides hate him.
Exactly, because he knows that the commonalities inherent in humans result in the fact that there will always be screwed up ideas and beliefs coming from those on every side of the political / religious / belief spectrum!
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »